I Have An 89 Civic Dx With 1.5 What Should I Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WNT2LOSE

I have an 89 honda civic with a 1.5 i have not beable to find very many performance parts for it. I would like to swap an enigne into it but im not sure what kind to swap i want one that will mate right to my tranny. It wouls also be nice if it would work with my ecu and wiring harness. But if there is anything i could do like swap heads to get horse horsepower i want around 200 or more ponys and ill have around 2000 to spend.
thanks

I have the sam car 89 Civic DX hatch. If I were you i would save up a few hundred bucks and get a b16a, you will still have to do part of the MPFI swap. But you will have a 160hp VTEC motor that is super upgradable.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Jan 15 2003, 03:45 PM
I have the sam car 89 Civic DX hatch. If I were you i would save up a few hundred bucks and get a b16a, you will still have to do part of the MPFI swap. But you will have a 160hp VTEC motor that is super upgradable.

:withstupid:

You can get the SiR I (b16a) for less than $2000 (i think h motors has it for like $1150).
That is 160 hp and there's a lot of modiciation you can do.

If you can do the install yourself, then you could buy some bolt-ons even.

Or the SiR II (b16a) ($2350) which has 160/170hp (usdm/jdm) and has even more upgradable possibilities.
But that's going to break your bank

edit: none of this will mate to your tranny as far as I know, but it will come with the tranny for the engine.

Get the SiR 1 b/c its cable tranny and OBD 0 just like your car, less of a hassle. You also need a mount kit from HASport ($500 USD). The SiR 2 is a hydro tranny and for you, just a waste IMO.

It will take a lot more than 2000 to get a non B18A B-series engine into 200 hp range.

I still suggest:
Mini Me, bolt-ons, Zex

or plan b:
B18A1 $500
Mount kit $400
Misc. $100
ZEX 75 shot $500
CAI and header $500

Enjoy.

Back