What should i do with this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

youre 15....

honestly your best bet is going to be to keep it stock and learn how to drive

learning to drive a slow car fast is more rewarding than driving a fast car slow

a slow car also forces you to be a better driver... you will learn how to hold speed through a corner instead of trying to make it up int he straights

keep it stock and go find your local autocross club

do a season with them in stock class

only after that will you be ready to do any performance upgrades

and when you are ready, you should have learned that brakes and suspension will make you faster than power will

so get your handling and brakes in order

then when you get use to that

add more power

doing it in that order will allow you to actually learn how to drive a car... instead of just getting in, adding a bunch of power and wrapping yourself and your carload of friends around a pole, tree, or some other car... then all of your other friends have to pollute that spot with candles, flowers, teddy bears, and RIP graffiti for the next 6 years

just my opinion.... do with it what you will

This information is not correct anymore (originally posted in 2003):
D series and B series parts are mostly NOT interchangeable. You can NOT mount a B series transmission on a D series engine, and you can NOT mount a D series transmission on a B series engine. They won't bolt up.
Just for reference, all USDM 4G (88-91) and USDM 5G (92-95) Civics came with D series drivetrains, while all USDM 6G (96-00) Civics except the Si came with D series drivetrains as well. The 99-00 USDM Si has a B16A2 in it bolted up to a B series transmission, so most any B series engine will drop in and bolt up.

----- updated 4/6/2010 -----

With the advent of new adapter kits on the market, it is now possible to mount a D series transmission onto a B series engine as well as an H/F series engine, and also a B series transmission onto an H/F engine. Search online and on this site for "B2D", "H2D", and "H2B" as the common terms for transmission adapter kits.

In general, you can adapt just about any transmission onto an engine that rotates in the same direction give the right measurements and clutch or torque converter setup. Someone may tell you that a combo is impossible, but it really just means that the setup isn't easy or hasn't been done as a kit you can buy yet. Just look to the numerous Chevy small block and Volkswagen setups out in the modding community.

Older Honda engines- D, B, H and F blocks (front wheel drive) all rotate in reverse- at least in the wrong direction to bolt up to what is considered the standard direction in most automotive engines on the market. Looking from the flywheel side (exterior view) of the engine, these Honda blocks rotate clockwise. Most engines rotate counterclockwise when viewed from the flywheel side. found this

The information is still quite correct, there were adapter kits back then, but you still can't just get a B and D series and stick them together

youre 15....

learning to drive a slow car fast is more rewarding than driving a fast car slow

a slow car also forces you to be a better driver... you will learn how to hold speed through a corner instead of trying to make it up int he straights

and when you are ready, you should have learned that brakes and suspension will make you faster than power will

add more power

doing it in that order will allow you to actually learn how to drive a car... instead of just getting in, adding a bunch of power and wrapping yourself and your carload of friends around a pole, tree, or some other car... then all of your other friends have to pollute that spot with candles, flowers, teddy bears, and RIP graffiti for the next 6 years

ok um i already now how to drive a stick i practiced driving in a v8 gmc 4x4 and a ford crownvic so i understand control also my car has tein suspension on it already and the whole thing with the friends is retarded im not like other teens who fricking get 7 ppl in a car maybye you should have asked if i know or do that instead of assuming.

yeah, but you are still only 15 and have minimal driving experience, and are likely more careless than someone who is 30 and has been driving for 15 years. like said before, a GSR motor will be plenty to start out with.

ok um i already now how to drive a stick i practiced driving in a v8 gmc 4x4 and a ford crownvic so i understand control also my car has tein suspension on it already and the whole thing with the friends is retarded im not like other teens who fricking get 7 ppl in a car maybye you should have asked if i know or do that instead of assuming.

ok skippy... calm own

didnt realize you were a pro at 15... sorry bout that... my bad

what do i know... its not like ive been driving for longer than youve been alive or anything

have fun :)

Knowing how to drive, and knowing how to drive are not the same thing. I know at 15 you're on top of the world, but no, at 15 you most certainly do NOT know how to drive. Even if you started driving at 12 you don't have the wheel time, or skill to handle any real world situation that's thrown at you. ever had a tire blow out at 60mph? A rock crack your windshield at 60mph? Hydroplaned at 60mph? Been between two cars and had one of them veer into at 60 mph? OR someone in front of you on the highway suddenly decide they want to stop for the squirrel crossing the street? You might now how to operate a stick shift, but really knowing how to drive, and control a two thousand pound plus vehicle comes with years of experience. It would be hard to count the number of kids that thought they too knew how to drive and wrapped themselves around a tree before their 18th birthday.

I'm not bitching at you are anything, but don't put the cart before the horse. Driving is more than know how to operate a vehicle. Defensive, and offensive awareness are skills a lot of people lack on the roads.

Last edited:
hey i never said i was on top of the world but i do know that i have experiecned quite a bit of those situations but other than that i never said a gsr motor wouldnt all i need to know is where cud i find a good dealand i have so thx and here in ND if u think im being some average 15 year old driver then you should see the kids i go to school with that drive im actually scared i would get hit but anyway thx

300 whp is a lot in a honda. You have no idea how quick a 300 whp honda is. 200 whp alll motor gsr is. A damn fun car. Try it and then go to boost with a diffrent engine

youre 15....

add more power

Right, think of Nascar... they all have the same power in there engines. So its not the Hp that wins the race its the driver and how well they can control the car. You need more practice driving b4 anything.

Right, think of Nascar... they all have the same power in there engines. So its not the Hp that wins the race its the driver and how well they can control the car.

I know what point you're making, but; They all are under the same restrictions, but what power they make while under them is all determined by how good their builder is and how close to breaking rules they can get to help them win without actually breaking it. All race class rules are just a big game of cat and mouse.

Back