I just wrote the most god-aweful program for work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I dunno man...my view on this IT field is starting to change. It sucks man...they just outsourced a bunch of systems @ my company to India, and now they're moving more than 1/2 the IT to Syracuse cuz its cheaper.

There's no jobs that beats pay vs. #yrs. in school, and the work is preety interesting, but I'm starting to think more and more that maybe a 9-5 infront of a computer all day isn't all its cracked up to be. Maybe I should get out now and try and get into what I really like doing...cooking.?!!?!!

Dam Bri, they getting Complicated over there? They got you guys writing all sorts of crap lol.....

being a chef sucks.

its only good money if you're a name for yourself/head chef/never cooks except in public for the public eye. if you're a normal line chef, you work shit hours, weekeds, holidays, over disgusting heat, and dead cold (theres no heat or ac in most kitchens) for under 20/hour.
its not worth it IMO.
i worked in food service for 6 years at a country club. i know what its like.

I know what you mean man... Before I got this job I was in the restauraunt industry since I was 15, I'm 23 now. I've been a bus boy, a line chef and caterer. It sucks and the pay is shitty, but @ least you can see the results of your work.

Its a funny situation. All my friends who are now working as chefs and in construction would love to have the job that I have now. Inside a temp. controlled building, where you sit on your ass all day and get payed well to do it. But from where I'm seeing it, there's just too many stresses man. Your fucking manager, the business users, everyone wants something or another from you....and it fucking sucks ass!!!![/rant]

I guess it can't be all that bad if I have time to sit here and post on this board right!?!?

lol i hear ya. i got 4 projects all behind schedule :p and here i am. lol

playin catch-up right now.

just finished up that report, finsihed a 2nd one, and i'm starting on my 3rd

Originally posted by OldEMaltLiQuoR@Jan 18 2005, 11:08 AM
I know what you mean man... Before I got this job I was in the restauraunt industry since I was 15, I'm 23 now. I've been a bus boy, a line chef and caterer. It sucks and the pay is shitty, but @ least you can see the results of your work.

Its a funny situation. All my friends who are now working as chefs and in construction would love to have the job that I have now. Inside a temp. controlled building, where you sit on your ass all day and get payed well to do it. But from where I'm seeing it, there's just too many stresses man. Your fucking manager, the business users, everyone wants something or another from you....and it fucking sucks ass!!!![/rant]

I guess it can't be all that bad if I have time to sit here and post on this board right!?!?
[post=447370]Quoted post[/post]​

Just be a server like me. full time they can maks an easy 600-700 a week at a regular restaurant. yea you gotta deal with some grumpy ass people, but oh well its worth it when your tips+wages comes out to like 20+/hour

Back