I Need A Cheep B16 (sir)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ZAC

i'M LOOKING FOR A B16(SIR) FOR MY 90 CIVIC HATCH DX. CAUSE THE 1.5 JUST ISN'T CUTTING IT ANY MORE. BUT I HAVE WENT TO EVERY JUNK YARD IN MY AREA AND LOOKED IN EVERY CRX AND CIVIC AND IT'S CRAP UNDER THE HOOD .THEY'RE ALL SOHC, AND EVERY THING HAVE SEEN IN MAGAZINES AND THE WEB SEEMS EXPENSIVE.

CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME CHEAP WEBSITES ,I FIGURED YOU MIGHT KNOW SOME THANX

Look in delsols integras and 99-00 si nothing else in the states had them.Any you find (except if it was a swap already) are going to have hydaulic clutches and different obd then your car.You might even look into a d16z6 sohc vtec very affordable and heavily supported.

The reason it seems expensive is that there is no B16 in the US that is 'compatible' with an OBD0 Civic. They are imported from Japan, and due to demand, prices are marked up to the $1000 or more you see. Look into a 90-91 Integra if you want a cheap USDM B series. B18A1s can be had for under $500 if you shop right, and, though it has a lower hp rating, it has a much higher torque rating.

I agree,i looked into b16a b4 i bought my LS, it was gunna b over 1000 more, and i have to get it shipped and things might b lost. Its better to find a LS engine, it will have alot more torque than the B16. Its also very cheap i got mine for 1000 Canadian. dont do a D16y6 SOHC vtec, they are pointless. if u dont wanna pay for importing of engine, get the b18a and use the extra $$ left over to get I/H/E, and ull get the 160 hp easy.

That is why you haven't found any B16A because you're looking in the wrong place, take a look at this placenippon-motors.com, this is where I got my motor and it was pretty much complete.

Back