I need a computer nerd!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't know why I said I am the host...no, I never host, I always join servers...no hub, I am using a dsl/cable router

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Oct 14 2002, 08:21 PM
what is adaware?

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ - is where you find it. It checks for spyware.

Kazaa could very well be the problem - it starts with IE and stays on line. There is spyware integrated into kazaa - they can do anything they want with your pc, without your permisson.

Kazaa Lite is the only way to go @ http://www.kazaalite.com
If you use AdAware on the new Kazaa, it renders Kazaa useless and it won't connect, say a key component of Kazaa is missing. Pretty funny, I thought.

ok, I installed adaware, I'll mess around on the internet and let u know...do I just install and that's it or do I mess with it? (Adaware)

Install adaware and then run the scan - it's like antivirus software. If you run it fix any problems, temporarly kill zazaa and then try some games. It should help.

Nope, didn't work...after I deleted all the stuff in Adaware, I opened IE and it still took forever to load homepage...it says detecting proxy settings in the bottom left corner of IE for about 20 seconds, then it starts to load the page.

*PS* As far as games go, I have HUGE lag spikes lasting between 30 seconds and 5 minutes.

well what time are you trying to go on? if you're trying to go on during 4pm to 9pm forget about trying to get good connection speeds the rest of the world is online and welps your cable is shared so you get shitty bandwidth.

*post removed by E_SolSi for posting the same damn thing that Prowler did without reading it* :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Check your proxy settings -
right click IE
go to the connections tab
click on lan settings
first try unclicking the two automatics and the manual proxy settings - try to get on the internet
This is almost for sure where your problem is. If you are really using a proxy you shouldn't be for games etc.... let me know how this works

if you arew connecting, the settings are right.

what kind of router are you using??? i think THAT is where you problems lie.

I goy Kazaa Lite and I did what stpracer siggestion--works great now! I'll mess around with games and let u know, thanks a lot guys!

Turn off all your proxies, especially if you don't need one to access stuff online. I doubt that you do, unless you're hitting some secure sites or running through some company VPN. IE hunts for a proxy server for quite a while if there isn't one to access... so that will slow you down when you first hit the web. Your computer might be retrying for a proxy at intermittent times, so that can lag you quite a bit too.

All else failing, watercool the whole computer and overclock like a mofo.

:D

Back