i need help on my first project car 500hp goal!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

speeddemon123

i only know as much as these forums can tell me so i need some help. im looking to build an engine for either an eg or a del sol. and i want to put down somewhere around 450 to 500+ hp to the wheels. my budget is around 7k for right now. is this possible? if its not enough i still want to build towards it and have this goal still in my reach. so still please help with as much as you can. thanks alot everyone

If you do all the labor yourself, yes it's possible. That'll likely only cover the engine though- suspension and everything else you need to beef up in the car outside the engine bay will cost more.

Well.. to start, you should tell us what motor you're working with, or will be working with. If you dont know, then your first step is to research possible options. You're original post was way to vague to go off of to give anymore useful information.

Oh, and welcome to HS. :thumbsup:

If you do all the labor yourself, yes it's possible. That'll likely only cover the engine though- suspension and everything else you need to beef up in the car outside the engine bay will cost more.

i am doing all the labor myself and i know that will cost more im going to keep saving money for that but for now i want to get the most important thing out of the way you know what i meen?

Well.. to start, you should tell us what motor you're working with, or will be working with. If you dont know, then your first step is to research possible options. You're original post was way to vague to go off of to give anymore useful information.

Oh, and welcome to HS. :thumbsup:

i did some research and i was looking into the b18c1 and the k20a. i also looked into the j35a but i dont want to have to cut a hole in my engine and the aftermarket support isnt really there. and thanks alot

i am doing all the labor myself and i know that will cost more im going to keep saving money for that but for now i want to get the most important thing out of the way you know what i meen?

:yes:

i did some research and i was looking into the b18c1 and the k20a. i also looked into the j35a but i dont want to have to cut a hole in my engine and the aftermarket support isnt really there. and thanks alot

Just dropping the K20 into your car is going to cost most of your 7k budget. Probably the cheapest way to go is to grab a B18B block, resleeve it through someone reputable out to 84mm so you have 2.0L of displacement to work with, build it with beefy pistons and rods, stuff some big cams into the head, then turbo the piss out of it. Keep it OBD1 (92-95) and there are a ton of free/cheap tuning solutions available- then borrow a wideband sensor (or buy one) and tune it yourself.

Then replace axles every week.

As you're 18, you should drive a 300 whp FWD car first. I bet you'll change your mind to wanting 500 and shoot for 250.

Just dropping the K20 into your car is going to cost most of your 7k budget. Probably the cheapest way to go is to grab a B18B block, resleeve it through someone reputable out to 84mm so you have 2.0L of displacement to work with, build it with beefy pistons and rods, stuff some big cams into the head, then turbo the piss out of it. Keep it OBD1 (92-95) and there are a ton of free/cheap tuning solutions available- then borrow a wideband sensor (or buy one) and tune it yourself.

hahaha i dont think i would like to be replacing the axles every week

but in all seriousness would something like this work? and what head should i use? what turbo? etc.

why do you think that?

Know some one with a 600hp Neon and when you get pedal happy on the freeway(which you will) you are going to have the front wheels break loose and drift into either other cars, barriers, or the ditch, and loose your rather large investment and have increased insurance rates due to the accedent. There is nothing wrong with 500HP to the wheels on a FWD car but there is a place, and driving ability for it. I'm not trying to insult you or anything but riding in that neon was scary. The Idea of getting a B18 and building around 250 to 300 would be good till you get alot more skill behind the wheel, and will also be able to build from later on.

Just my $.02

Know some one with a 600hp Neon and when you get pedal happy on the freeway(which you will) you are going to have the front wheels break loose and drift into either other cars, barriers, or the ditch, and loose your rather large investment and have increased insurance rates due to the accedent. There is nothing wrong with 500HP to the wheels on a FWD car but there is a place, and driving ability for it. I'm not trying to insult you or anything but riding in that neon was scary. The Idea of getting a B18 and building around 250 to 300 would be good till you get alot more skill behind the wheel, and will also be able to build from later on.

Just my $.02

im not saying what your saying is an insult at all man i actually appreciate everything you are telling me a lot :) what about 400 hp though? this car is going to be a daily driver/weekend monster. thats why i want so much power. but is 400hp still scary? what if i bought all the parts that had to potential of getting me to my power goal but only put the ones on that are necessary to get me to 250 to lets say 350 until i do have the skill to handle 500 would that be possible?

You simply DON'T want to daily drive a 500 hp honda. It's fun for like 2 weeks, and then it wears off and you hate driving your car because its annoying, or flat out unreliable.

250-275whp is FAST in a civic and will dust almost any production car on the road.
200 is enough to go low/mid 13s
250 to break 12s
300-350, you're in the 11s, and most tracks are kicking you out because you don't have a cage.

and you want 500? lol

You simply DON'T want to daily drive a 500 hp honda. It's fun for like 2 weeks, and then it wears off and you hate driving your car because its annoying, or flat out unreliable.

250-275whp is FAST in a civic and will dust almost any production car on the road.
200 is enough to go low/mid 13s
250 to break 12s
300-350, you're in the 11s, and most tracks are kicking you out because you don't have a cage.

and you want 500? lol

but i do plan to put a cage in it so i think i would still like to reach anywhere from 350 to 400hp to the wheels.

hmmmm mommy and daddys credit cards gonna come in handy with this build, thats probably never gonna happen, dude you dont want to be 18 swap and build ur first honda, not know what ur doing, and have to work on it daily, trust me been there done that bought that t-shirt, have a daily and build ur project on the side, and heres my opinion, find somthing 88-91 or later si package car, do a tune up on it, put a intake, header, exhaust on it and a short throw shifter and then decide if u want to build it or not, then its easy enough to go from there

hmmmm mommy and daddys credit cards gonna come in handy with this build, thats probably never gonna happen, dude you dont want to be 18 swap and build ur first honda, not know what ur doing, and have to work on it daily, trust me been there done that bought that t-shirt, have a daily and build ur project on the side, and heres my opinion, find somthing 88-91 or later si package car, do a tune up on it, put a intake, header, exhaust on it and a short throw shifter and then decide if u want to build it or not, then its easy enough to go from there

i actually do want to work on it daily bro thats were i find the fun in it. i want to be able to go out everyday and work on my car.

i actually do want to work on it daily bro thats were i find the fun in it. i want to be able to go out everyday and work on my car.

haha your dont realise its not working on it to make it faster, its working on it to keep it running, stopping leaks, working out wiring bugs, DAILY, truly BUILDING a car isnt a slap it together and DD it thing, its a long downtime process of tuning, research, and effort, im telling you, your getting over your head, and what kind of budget are you on honestly, im not being rude bro, im being realistic, trust me

Back