i need help on my first project car 500hp goal!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

okay. but even that. how should i go about getting there with the gsr engine? what parts? because i only have around 7k. and i really appreciate all of this btw bro. and i still want to boost it.
ok buy your motor then send it and your car to T1RaceDevelopment.com they will give you a price to do everything idk like what your capable of doing mechanical wise but if i where you id send the motor somewhere and have it built this company is 3hours away from me and they do everything go to there site and call them and ask for Tony Paulo hes the owner. and he also holds the record for the fast FWD car i know it runs low to mid 8's

ok buy your motor then send it and your car to T1RaceDevelopment.com they will give you a price to do everything idk like what your capable of doing mechanical wise but if i where you id send the motor somewhere and have it built this company is 3hours away from me and they do everything go to there site and call them and ask for Tony Paulo hes the owner. and he also holds the record for the fast FWD car i know it runs low to mid 8's

thats badass. but thanks i think ill do that as soon as i get the car and the engine and stuff

Wouldn't you want to resleeve the motor if you're going for 350whp? I would sleeve it and go with an 84mm bore. Do you have E85 available to you?

Oh, and only put a cage in if you also add.. Racing seat (fixed), 6 point harness and wear a helmet everywhere you go.

Wouldn't you want to resleeve the motor if you're going for 350whp? I would sleeve it and go with an 84mm bore. Do you have E85 available to you?

Oh, and only put a cage in if you also add.. Racing seat (fixed), 6 point harness and wear a helmet everywhere you go.
^^^ lol and the stock gsr sleeves can withstand 350hp reliably.

isnt sleeving it expensive? and yeah i do but im not running it daily. and why all of that?

This thread has a.d.d.

you were given solid advice already.

b18c? why pay the extra money?

b18b, gsr trans, sleeved, turbo, tuning, -$7k, end thread. Hell you could do all this cheaper and just as easily with a d series motor.

The other comments are dead on about driving with that much power on the street. I lost a good friend a couple years ago to a street driven 800whp integra....flipped over in a ditch.

I used to daily drive a 200whp civic and that was fast enough around the streets so with 250-350 it would be ridiculous to drive everyday.

This thread has a.d.d.

you were given solid advice already.

b18c? why pay the extra money?

b18b, gsr trans, sleeved, turbo, tuning, -$7k, end thread. Hell you could do all this cheaper and just as easily with a d series motor.

The other comments are dead on about driving with that much power on the street. I lost a good friend a couple years ago to a street driven 800whp integra....flipped over in a ditch.

I used to daily drive a 200whp civic and that was fast enough around the streets so with 250-350 it would be ridiculous to drive everyday.

im sry to hear that bro and this thread was originally on how to get the power so weather its a b18b or a d series i still need help on how to get to 350hp. can you help me with that please?

Honestly, no offense but it seems you dont have a lot exp. so I would just pay to have it done right.

ERL B18A/B Sleeved Blocks

Thats a good place to send your block or buy a built block. There are cheaper places but you get what you pay for and working with turbos and the power you want do it right.

The easy way would be to buy a pre fabbed turbo kit by a reputable company like maybe a full race or similar company.

If you think you can piece together all the parts yourself then go for it. I have seen guys with homeade turbo kits putting down almost the same amount of power you want using junk yard shit.

There is a build here that would be perfect for you to read.

https://hondaswap.com/auto-multi-media/matts96hbs-ej6-build-85658/

Last edited:
Honestly, no offense but it seems you dont have a lot exp. so I would just pay to have it done right.

ERL B18A/B Sleeved Blocks

Thats a good place to send your block or buy a built block. There are cheaper places but you get what you pay for and working with turbos and the power you want do it right.

The easy way would be to buy a pre fabbed turbo kit by a reputable company like maybe a full race or similar company.

If you think you can piece together all the parts yourself then go for it. I have seen guys with homeade turbo kits putting down almost the same amount of power you want using junk yard shit.

There is a build here that would be perfect for you to read.

https://hondaswap.com/auto-multi-media/matts96hbs-ej6-build-85658/

your right i dont have alot of experience but how will i get it if i dont try and go through trial and error a few times. i mean ill send out whats necessary to send out but if there are those few things that i can do myself then i want to do them you know what i mean? and i think i am going to buy an already done turbo kit ive been looking around. but as far as the engine goes. to work up to the boosting part what should i do to the internals to safely run the boost? and to get as much power out of my engine as possible? what parts should i add and or upgrade? i really appreciate the help and i also really need it as you can see.

your right i dont have alot of experience but how will i get it if i dont try and go through trial and error a few times. i mean ill send out whats necessary to send out but if there are those few things that i can do myself then i want to do them you know what i mean? and i think i am going to buy an already done turbo kit ive been looking around. but as far as the engine goes. to work up to the boosting part what should i do to the internals to safely run the boost? and to get as much power out of my engine as possible? what parts should i add and or upgrade? i really appreciate the help and i also really need it as you can see.

Main thing for the engine internals would be rods and pistons. If your only gonna run 250 to 300 shouldn't need to do much else. Like B16 said you could also sleeve it and go with the 84mm bore which is going to increase the displacement for you (don't quote me here but I think it's up to around 2l). That would be in preparation for more power. Just keep researching other peoples build threads and do what you liked from their builds. To me it sounds like you're trying to get someone to lay out your build for you, and then it's not really your build any more. In all seriousness just start with picking the car and once the car is in the garage or driveway then start planing the next step. In the meantime to that just keep looking around there is alot of knowledge here all you need to do is take 5 minutes to look for it.

Main thing for the engine internals would be rods and pistons. If your only gonna run 250 to 300 shouldn't need to do much else. Like B16 said you could also sleeve it and go with the 84mm bore which is going to increase the displacement for you (don't quote me here but I think it's up to around 2l). That would be in preparation for more power. Just keep researching other peoples build threads and do what you liked from their builds. To me it sounds like you're trying to get someone to lay out your build for you, and then it's not really your build any more. In all seriousness just start with picking the car and once the car is in the garage or driveway then start planing the next step. In the meantime to that just keep looking around there is alot of knowledge here all you need to do is take 5 minutes to look for it.

thanks i will do that. and i know it seems like im trying to get someone to lay it out for me but im not im trying to see what the proper way of going about it is so that when i do sit down and put my build together i can take bits and pieces from everything you guys are telling me and i can have a really good reliable build. you know what i mean?

I get what you're saying, and I understand it. There is nothing wrong with asking questions especially when it's something that is going to be a large investment of both time and $$. That being said alot of the questions you are asking have been covered in numerous other topics and are just being reiterated here. More over points have been gone over multiple times in this thread alone. Like I said before with the point you're at there is not much more we can cover. You have your idea and know where you want it to go that's a great start, but to me it just seems like you're asking the same question over and over again. I am not trying to be rude just saying what it seems like from my end. I want to see what ever you start get done just as much as you do. There is nothing worse then someones half finished project sitting in the garage, shed, or under a tarp in the back yard. When you do get this thing going I am for sure gonna follow it to see where it ends up going. You are going in the right direction just gotta decide on the route you want to take.

As you're 18, you should drive a 300 whp FWD car first. I bet you'll change your mind to wanting 500 and shoot for 250.
A real 250 WHP would scare the shit out of him and you know I don't post that to insult him. I've got about 1/2 that in my 91 hatch and it runs real good. :)

250 WHP for a starter ride would be a Thrill Ride for sure and take plenty of time to learn how to drive it. I'd really recommned starting at about 200 WHP.

My little '91 hatch will go from 70-120 MPH pretty quick in 4th gear - enough to get into plenty of trouble.

Last edited:
Back