i quit world of warcraft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sufikation

it took me some time...about 4-5 years of playing like a junky to figure out that world of warcraft is a big time money pit waste of time. i quit about 2 months ago and have not gone back since...im selling my 2 accounts and focusing my time and money into REAL LIFE.

**WARNING**
for anyone thinking about trying this please remember...there is NO respawn points in real life.

lol
good for you!
a guy one of my friends used to live with quit his job and quit school just to play WoW all day.
he was a major loser..

I still play off and on. I play for a couple months, get board and cancel. I just hate that everything is a mission or you kill 80 billion guys to level up. Sometimes I just want to walk around and find stuff (like Zelda games), the game really isn't about that.

Played for years, raided for years, quit about a year ago and haven't looked back. What a waste of life.

Exactly, we lost one of our good friends to WOW. He would never leave his house, play it all day and night. Before we gave up on him our trips to his place would be us talking (to our other friends) while he sits there and play it. Ive yet to play it and i never will.

Exactly, we lost one of our good friends to WOW. He would never leave his house, play it all day and night. Before we gave up on him our trips to his place would be us talking (to our other friends) while he sits there and play it. Ive yet to play it and i never will.

you make it sound like a drug.. lol

. Loss of friends, job, girlfriend, wife (husband????). Drugs can do that. Lose track of time and surroundings.

Mrs phyre used to play wow, too. Had a 70 blood elf priest. Hot little chick, raid healer.. she was pretty good, too.

But yeah, It consumes you much like any other addiction would. There is a /played command in the game that tells how much real world time you've spent in game. Mine was over a year. Not 1 year played overall, but an actual years time logged into the game, raiding dungeons and fighting alliance. 1 year of my life. Gone forever. All that time I could have been out hiking, boating, doing all kinds of fun things. Gone.

did you two meet online? lol

thats another difference!
if your addicted to drugs, you can do drugs and go out and have fun and such..

I remember playing then waking up hours later face imprinted with keyboard keys. I quit about a year ago. Now when I get the urge to play I play on a private server that way I don't spend any money for the couple days I do want to play.

Back