I Think i have a Timing Issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poops87

I need help timing my 88 ZC i need to find the base timing i think the timing is too retarded and i have advanved my dizzy all the way and i don't know which direction to turn my crank to the front of car or the fire wall to put the range of my dizzy right
and if anyone knows the exact degrees the timing should be i would name my first kid after you!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
I need help timing my 88 ZC i need to find the base timing i think the timing is too retarded and i have advanved my dizzy all the way and i don't know which direction to turn my crank to the front of car or the fire wall to put the range of my dizzy right
and if anyone knows the exact degrees the timing should be i would name my first kid after you!!!

Uh, timing light much?

Quoted post[/post]]
is this a DOHC ZC engine? if so, with the top bolt on the distributor in the center of the slot, the ignition timing should be real close to 16 degrees - turn top of distributor toward firewall to advance, toward radiator to retard - if it is not real close to 16 with top bolt in center of slot, your intake camshaft is probably off one tooth

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Uh, timing light much?

Oh yeah i don't have timing marks For 16 degrees probably should have told you guys that, that is the only reason i asked for timing degrees so i can set it with a gun that i can dial the degrees

yeah, and if the baby is a girl, you can use my middle name....Ryan. Its interchangable.

Back