i think i've been screwed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
intake.jpg

k, bought the intake for $40 shipped on ebay last week and got it today.

well, it doesn't say dc sports on it, just a kinda crappy DC vinyl logo.

is there any chance dc made intakes in this style before the Direct Air Charger series?

if it's not real, no big deal. it's still a comparitive price with the other cheap intakes on ebay, but this one came with a very nice filter.

and it does it's job by making the engine sound better. the butt dyno says i gained .5 hp.

it has a dc sports sticker on there. it prolly didnt have the simialr to quote
because it has the dc sport logo near the filter.

lol who cares. It's a pipe. It could be DC sports or Home Depot brand. Really doesn't make any difference.

dc sports were always the DAC system. they are no more since aem bought them. anything aem made, that dc made, dc dosent make now.
and o btw that dc sports sticker came with their shift knobs....got the same one.

when i had my 97 Civic, i put a DC Sports DAC intake on it. on the tube, there was a raised rectangle section that said DC Sports and in red letters below it, it said DAC. alos mine was chrome and yours looks like a flat silver. that intake looks like an off-brand but if it does the job and you are content with how it performs, then :thumbsup:

**edit**

heres what a DC Sports DAC intake looks like it:

intake.jpg

thats what mine looked like.

Originally posted by Prowler@Apr 8 2004, 10:09 PM
and it does it's job by making the engine sound better. the butt dyno says i gained .5 hp.

I don't think the point of a DAC, CAI, SRI, etc. is to make the car sound better, ricer. :lol:

But seriously...I don't think it's a DC Sports, mainly because you paid 40 bucks for it on ebay. It does the same thing as any SRI--nothing at all. SRI is the biggest waste of space in your engine bay ever.

Back