I Think My Tranny Needs Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondakpariaug

hi im new

i need some serious help, i have a 1992 Honda Accord with an automatic tranny (no VTEC) i know that the engine has at least 140hp. i cant get my car to take off fast or even a little ok. my mom has a 2000 Honda CR-v auto with only 100hp and it can do long burnouts, but mine feels weak.

i have 168000 miles on it what do you think i can do about.

THANKS

168k would make me think that your clutches are slippin in the auto tranny. Especially since you say u have good compression.

Addition: Might also want to take a look at your tranny fluid level. Could also be a cause of poor shifting and loss of acceleration.

Originally posted by hondakpariaug@Jun 27 2005, 11:07 AM
i have very good compression because it was very hard to move when the timing was being set (right)

ne other suggestions
[post=516902]Quoted post[/post]​

being hard to turn by hand doesnt mean anything. you have to do a compression test to really know if your compression is ok. You can rent a compressiont ester from autozone and get directions on how to do it. it takes 5 minutes to perform the test. LEt us know your results :)

Originally posted by B16CRX+Jun 28 2005, 12:33 AM-->
hondakpariaug
@Jun 27 2005, 11:07 AM
i have very good compression because it was very hard to move when the timing was being set (right)

ne other suggestions
[post=516902]Quoted post[/post]​

being hard to turn by hand doesnt mean anything. you have to do a compression test to really know if your compression is ok. You can rent a compressiont ester from autozone and get directions on how to do it. it takes 5 minutes to perform the test. LEt us know your results :)
[post=517212]Quoted post[/post]​

i didn't turn it by hand i didn't touch it im only 15 but my dad is a certified mechanic and he was having a really hard time turning it with a wrench and an iron pole on the handle he had to use a pry bar and hammer on the gear.

but thanks for the help i will rent the tester and tell u my results ASAP

Back