I think this is the right forum

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

noobie question I know but I was wondering...how the hell do you increase your redline? cuase my buddy has a B16A2 and his redline is at 9000 and I know it doesn't start that high so ya I was jw thanks!

Depends on what OBD you are. If you are obd 0 then it's turbo edit , or something like that. If you are obd 1 then you can chip it for $20, get hondata, uberdata, crome, etc.... If you are obd 2 then you are stuck with converting to another obd, or using aem, motec, fast, etc.... :(

However, realize that rasing your redline on a stock car won't make you faster. Most honda engines can rev much higher than stock safely, but they stop making power arround the redline. You gain nothing unless you have cams, vavle springs, and retainers meant to keep up. If you needlessly over-rev your engine without the before mentioned steps, you could easily float a valve....and for what reason? You would be faster shifting before then anyway.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Jul 11 2005, 10:35 AM
However, realize that rasing your redline on a stock car won't make you faster. Most honda engines can rev much higher than stock safely, but they stop making power arround the redline. You gain nothing unless you have cams, vavle springs, and retainers meant to keep up. If you needlessly over-rev your engine without the before mentioned steps, you could easily float a valve....and for what reason? You would be faster shifting before then anyway.
[post=524037]Quoted post[/post]​

o ok I was jw lol cuase I know my friends Si its all motor and his redline is at 9000 I didn't know if that helped or what not...im going to be getting chipped ecu for lower vtec engagement and diff fuel maps anyways becuase im gonna be turboing so ya lol...thanks for all the feedback guys sorry for the newb ?

No problem. While you're spending the money on getting chipped- just throw the chip away and get a real custom program made for your turbo setup. It'll cost you a few hundred more, but you'll get a lot more power, better economy, plus your engine will last a LOT longer. It's worth the extra cost up front.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 12 2005, 08:19 PM
No problem. While you're spending the money on getting chipped- just throw the chip away and get a real custom program made for your turbo setup. It'll cost you a few hundred more, but you'll get a lot more power, better economy, plus your engine will last a LOT longer. It's worth the extra cost up front.
[post=525021]Quoted post[/post]​

im gonna get crome...

Back