I want to stop!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Smoke half of one and put it out, save it for later then break one and throw it away. When you go to smoke again have the rest of the first one and break another. After a while you will either get pissed at the fact that you actually see yourself wasting money on broken smokes and stop or get pissed and stop breaking your smokes.

It's allll about the mindset. I woke up one morning a while back and decided that smoking a. made me feel like shit b. made me tired and feel like shit and c. gave me nic fits when I didn't get them enough.....and made me feel like shit. So basically, I tapered it down to one a day, then stopped....well for a few days. Then I got stressed and started again. But it can be done!

It all comes down to will power, plain and simple. I smoked for nearly 10years; yes you read that right lol. You could say nicotine was a part of my development, which IMO would make it harder to quit.

One day back in March, I just said fuck it, and quit cold turkey. I've been smoke-free ever since.

You can quit bro, you just REALLY have to want to.

Yeah, pretty much. It's a really bad thing looking back; and I've probably done some irreversable damage, but what can ya do?

It was the age old peer pressure excuse.

i might start ill feel more liek a tuner.................

im only 15 but i wana start

Wtf are you talking about?

I think you're still lying about your age. I'd venture to guess more around the 6ish area, considering your spelling skills and mind set.

Why the hell would you start just you can look like something else? If you want to start, think of yourself looking like this:

old-hag-small1.jpg

Then tell us you still want to start.

Just fucking quit. Just about my entire family smokes, including everyone in my household. Know what I don't do? Smoke. When I first started getting into cardio a little bit it took me about 22 minutes to run 2 miles at best. I have heart problems for reasons still unknown after about 10k out of my pocket that I'm still in debt for, but I do know that the doc told me my lungs look like that of a smoker's. If you want to ever have a kid, want your living quarters to smell better or even just give a shit about your health, just fucking quit. You just don't see it as something you have to do and something that slightly inconveniences you. Look at your's, your woman's, and possibly your kid's future.

Wtf are you talking about?

I think you're still lying about your age. I'd venture to guess more around the 6ish area, considering your spelling skills and mind set.

Why the hell would you start just you can look like something else? If you want to start, think of yourself looking like this:

old-hag-small1.jpg

Then tell us you still want to start.

Stop posting pics of my gf on here! Geez...

Smoking is a bitch and a half...My dad smoked three packs a day until I was 11 years old. I fucking hated it. I would steal his cigs and brake them or flush them, whatever it took to get my point across. He quite when I was 11 and guess what, I was so addicted to smoking that it made me sick, bad sick. Why am I getting sick, I dont even smoke? When I was twelve I started smoking...why, who the fuck knows. I guess I thought it was cool. I smoked until I was 27 years old. My girlfriend and I decided to quite and I lasted for about a year good and solid. Now I am sneaking around and smoking when I am at work or when she is not around because I am still addicted. YOU CAN NEVER GET RID OF THE ADDICTION, you can only convince yourself to not smoke every single day of the rest of your life. I may not be the most reliable source but I cant think of anything in the world that is harder than not smoking.

^^^
There's a lot of things more addictive than smoking. A lot more. You can overcome an additction, but I believe you can never overcome the tendencies to go back.

Btw, you might want to look at the whole "behind the back" thing. That's not really honest. I'd be pissed if I were her.

No shit thats why I sneak around. I hear ya but its one of those things that you dont get over you just learn to control. There are a few things that dont go away they just get easier to deal with. I dont think there are too many things more addictive than smoking (and dont say heroin because that is too easy)

Just depends on who you are. I'm addicted to unhealthy relationships. Probably my biggest additction. Smoking is nothing compared to that. Any kind of emotional addiction is hard to overcome because, I think, it encompasses your body and your mind. Mind over matter just doesn't cut it sometimes. And mind over mind....well, I dunno, maybe it's possible. I think that would be a self-talk/help kind of thing.

I think it is all the same. You have to mentally brake any addiction, and in many cases you have to brake the physical as well. Some addictions are stronger on one side but not the other. Bad relationships can be a terrible addiction ( I have the family to prove that statement ), but there is only one aspect that you have to conquer, the mental. With many other addictions there is also a physical aspect that is totally different from the mental. Yes everyone is different and yes everything effects people in different ways, but he was talking about being a smoker so I told my story.

Yeah, I'm addicted to my family too.............
There's a physical side to any addiction. No just physically doing it, but how you react, and how it makes you feel. If your family does something fucked up towards you, what comes first? The emotional rush, before any thoughts, you feel it. It affects your body. You get angry, you may get a headache, stomach ache, etc.

For smoking, the first day of 0 cigarettes includes, for most people, being irritable, head aches, anxiety attacks, fatigue, and all that good stuff. After that first day (in my case) or few days, you're good to go and it gets a lot easier.

Well maybe it was just easier for you then...Even when I wasnt smoking I thought about it everyday. The mental is without a doubt the hardest to overcome, for anything. I didnt mean I was addicted to my family, I meant that my family is a prime example of how bad relationships can be very addicting (with the exception of me and my sister I dont have any other family members who arent half brother or half sister, or on there 3rd, 4th, or 5th marriage).

Man we have jacked the crap out of this thread.

Back