IC Pipe and TB Sizing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, my shop charges $65 and hour for manual machine work, which is how I would make the part, CNC is no where near cost effective for somethin soo simple. For a part like that youll prally get quoted at 2 hours of labor. On top of that youll prally get charged a minimum shop fee, most shops charge this just to avoid loosing money on simple one off parts, for that you lookin anywhere from $65-$120. Thats what I would call acceptable anyways. If you have a friend or can make friends with someone in a shop or you can do a labor trade or somthin like that you should be able to get outa the minimum fee, and most likely get the hourly fee knocked down. As for material, the cost should be low. Id ask specifically for stainless, which will cost more, but mild steel wont last, and alloy steel will start to distort after a while.

I'd like to be a verbal advocate against buying a Hondata s200 system.

Get the hondata s300, and you'll only pay for dyno time. Then you can learn how to tune yourself, and in the future you won't have to pay someone to tune. The quest for knowledge is costly, but once you have the knowledge, there is no cost to you.

I'd like to be a verbal advocate against buying a Hondata s200 system.

Get the hondata s300, and you'll only pay for dyno time. Then you can learn how to tune yourself, and in the future you won't have to pay someone to tune. The quest for knowledge is costly, but once you have the knowledge, there is no cost to you.

What if you are getting the Hondata s200 with every single option there is, awptickes? Does that make any difference?

An s300 is easier to tune, because you've got all of the logging, and tuning software/hardware in one box. There's no switching over to hondalog just to see where you start to knock, it's all there.

s200 is rs232 serial only. It's also discontinued, so you have to buy used. Personally, I like buying crucial items to my build BFN.

I know that the one I am buying has data logging as well as every other feature. The price was very right and I could not pass it up. The person selling it to me is very reputable and trustworthy as well, as I could not go buying something like that off eBay or Craigslist.

In the future I do plan on using the s300, but that is like I said, in the future for my next build.

Back