idle air control valve issue.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Warrior 3000

my car was changed form an auto to a 5 speed and the idle air control valve was taken out. my car cant even pass inspection without one. how much does it cost to get this thing put in?

why the fuck would they take that out?
its not necessary for an auto to manual swap, and itll just make youre car run shitty..

are you sure thats what you need?

"it runs perfect the car its self has no idea that its been changed, it doesnt need a new harness the iac valve needs to be replaced and rewired, if u can get some to pass it with the tranny code you will be fine that how I have had it for the last 9 years or so"

"the code that the car has now in NO way hurts the car because the car was changed from auto to stick without changing the ecu, the ecu looks for the auto tranny and cant find it so it throws the code

The iac valve in the car is not the right one for the stick ecu, it is the correct one for the auto ecu (which is the one in the car now). A stick civic has a two wire iac valve the auto has a 3 wire iac valve so the stick ecu cant read it thats what the code is."

there is a diffrence between the Auto and Standard IAC, and you are looking to spend about $140 for the unit but i dont know about the wiring harness

are you sure youre talking about the Iacv? not the Eacv?
cuz theres no wires on the idle air control valve.
there is on the electronic air control valve.

and whats with the quotes?

are you sure youre talking about the Iacv? not the Eacv?
cuz theres no wires on the idle air control valve.
there is on the electronic air control valve.

and whats with the quotes?

eacv/iacv it's the same thing. my b16's is called an iacv and it has a linear 2 wire valve. then there's 3 wire resistive type (i think it's called).

summery: buy a Helms, Haynes, or Chilton manual from your local auto store!

Back