I'm Gonna Be A Daddy!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

don't worry about overall price of the car since youare financing, worry about the payments, would you rather buy a 20k car for 800/mo or a 31k car for 600/m (unrealistic numbers i know, just an example) being a car salesman, i can tell you it is generally 200-250/mo for every 10k financed depending on your credit. and don't forget any negative equity you have on the golf will roll onto the price of the new car. if the lgt platform is anything like the sti, you won't need a turbo timer and a boost controller = bad. boost creep etc... i suggest you start checking out nasioc or imprezawrxsti.com. look into a tbe, and port the wastegate. you'll be happy with whichever scoobie you choose, and congrats on the kid!
Sam

Originally posted by VTEC_CBR@May 16 2005, 03:39 AM
don't worry about overall price of the car since youare financing, worry about the payments, would you rather buy a 20k car for 800/mo or a 31k car for 600/m (unrealistic numbers i know, just an example) being a car salesman, i can tell you it is generally 200-250/mo for every 10k financed depending on your credit. and don't forget any negative equity you have on the golf will roll onto the price of the new car. if the lgt platform is anything like the sti, you won't need a turbo timer and a boost controller = bad. boost creep etc... i suggest you start checking out nasioc or imprezawrxsti.com. look into a tbe, and port the wastegate. you'll be happy with whichever scoobie you choose, and congrats on the kid!
Sam
[post=499857]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks...
also, the neg equity on the car is like 2k...the car is worth $12,250 (Trade In Value) and i owe like 14k on the loan...i'm putting 3k cash down as well...i hoping for an APR no higher than 9%...I currently have 14.9% on the Golf and 11.9% on the Sentra. with that being said my credit is getting a lot better. the neg equity on the Golf will be almost not existent since i'm hardly driving it right now and i'm not planning on trading it in till sept. while i'm still making the car payments...

anyone got a good Suby dealer in So Cal? somewhere i could get the Legacy GT for possibly $500 below invoice?

i'm reading up on the Subaru boards as we speak :p

Over here in Sweden, they have Volvo R's. They are pushing close to 300 hp, and still are safe as hell. I doubt they are $25k though. Buy the WRX though.

Comgrats! :thumbsup:

Tell you want.. Car payments suck. that is at least $400 out of your paychecks each month. Don't get me wrong having a new car is nice. but i would rather drop $400 into a used car each month for 4 years. That is alot of tuning and alot of mods. Cars are terrible wastes of money. Especailly new. They say certain cars hold their value. but the second you drive it off that lot it is already worth 20% less. Just think. By the time you get the car paid off. you paid double for watch the car is worth at the time you pay it off.

Originally posted by erikespo@May 16 2005, 05:45 AM
Just think. By the time you get the car paid off. you paid double for watch the car is worth at the time you pay it off.
[post=499867]Quoted post[/post]​

JesusChrist! what APR do you get on your cars? :blink:
The WRX and the Legacy are around the same price. I'm choosing the Legacy because it has the 2.5 that the STi has. I calculated my payments and they are going to be a little higher than anticipated. So if i don't get the deal i want on the suby, i'ma gonna get either a used R32 or the new GTi.

r32's are freakin slow and a re still a vw.

i'd rather have a base model legacy.

either way, i got 2.9% from suby for 62 months. all in all, im paying about 2k in interest over the next 5 years. not a big deal IMO.

yep....my sister can go to hell.

I'm going to laugh when they repossess it too.

She used to work with me and I set her pay at $11 an hour which isn't bad for the minimal work she did and all it was was data entry. Actually it was probably too high cause when she worked there I was getting $16 or so an hour.

She gets so mad that I make more than her. I think it's because she's older then me and feels she should get paid more. :confused:

Originally posted by 2000Si+May 15 2005, 12:16 AM-->
Nah. I know a guy that blew his EJ20 and found a running and in perfect condition EJ25 for around $800. The STi was rear ended and it messed up the differential/drivetrain, but he got the engine.

That's probably a fuckin crazy ass rarity and a hell of a find though.
[post=499422]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup. Extremely rare. STi straight up = cheaper option.

Originally posted by 2000Si@May 15 2005, 12:23 AM
I don't think they were turbo'd up until this year though. :p
[post=499428]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup, just started this year. Good shit!

B16RacerN2NR
@May 15 2005, 11:18 PM
so i said i'll come back. should of seen the look on their face when i left because they knew i was an absolute sale lol...

BTW- the Recaro car seat is for children 30lbs - 80lbs :( gonna have to rock a regular car seat for the first year or so.
[post=499813]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe you'll get a better deal if you go back in and tell them you did some more looking around after you weren't able to test drive, and you weren't too sure... they'll give you another $500-1000 off I'll bet. :)

I was looking at the Recaro seat too- I'll definitely have to buy one, but only being for 30 pounds and up kinda sucks.

Back