in car footage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if the sound does not work for you, you need to get divix. Find a thread that 98integraLS posts and it will have a good link on what to download.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 3 2003, 06:20 PM
if the sound does not work for you, you need to get divix. Find a thread that 98integraLS posts and it will have a good link on what to download.

actually it was encoded in windows media 9, get the update from microshit

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 3 2003, 06:37 PM
i take it you don't need me to host this anymore? lol

hehe, i didn't think it would stream from my works FTP. it would be nice if you would host it still, we only have 3mb pipe :) let me know if you can or not.

watched again... what's the deal with the late turn in on the lefthand carousel? when you come out you're pinching off the turn and hugging that left wall on the straight rather than letting the car drift out and carry the speed. Mind you...my sphincter (sp?) would be so tight I couldn't change gears but hey...that's what it looks like to me. You are really good through the esses and you can see how you chew away at the other cars. I'm jealous. As soon as I can I'm getting to Roebling Road. Not as nice as Sears Point but a road course none-the-less.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Nov 3 2003, 07:03 PM-->
mirror uploading right now...
:wub:

ahedau
@Nov 3 2003, 06:51 PM
watched again... what's the deal with the late turn in on the lefthand carousel? when you come out you're pinching off the turn and hugging that left wall on the straight rather than letting the car drift out and carry the speed. Mind you...my sphincter (sp?) would be so tight I couldn't change gears but hey...that's what it looks like to me. You are really good through the esses and you can see how you chew away at the other cars. I'm jealous. As soon as I can I'm getting to Roebling Road. Not as nice as Sears Point but a road course none-the-less.

i usually do through the carousel, drift out, it allows you to carry much more speed through it, was that when i was trying to pass the sti? he smoked me up that hill. maybe i had a brain fart, because thats where i was passing people throughout the day. but looking at the video, and others i have, i see a lot i would like to improve on.

nice stuff.... makes me soo jealous think im gonna have to take the 1.8T to Barbara Motor Speedway and pay the fee to get some track time.... there goes ordering the coilovers for the 95 civic coupe :(

lol... you saw that yellow Porsche & forgot what car YOU were driving!!! You were haulin' ass up that hill!!!

You are a much smoother driver than the guy filming you. Oh yeah, nice pass on the white Porsche in the braking zone into 10.

BTW...do the wreckers there have ESP? As you come out of 10 and go past the pits you can see a wrecker headed towards the start/finish in the direction you eventually swap ends... :p :p

Originally posted by B16@Nov 3 2003, 04:50 PM
What kind of camera and camera mount are you using? Your video is really nice and smooth compared to a lot of the jumpy shit I see posted most of the time...

its some sony digital 8 camcorder, nothing too fancy, but works pretty nice :)
the mount i used is a suction cup on windsheild thingie, then just kinda wedged the bottom into the dash
this one here
http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merc...ategory_Code=CM

I assume that cam has some image stabilization features in it?

On that mount... was it really $100? The camera mount for an Autopower roll cage is the same price! I'll probably use the cage mount instead- especially because the windshield mount won't be legal on most tracks.

Originally posted by ahedau@Nov 3 2003, 07:45 PM
lol... you saw that yellow Porsche & forgot what car YOU were driving!!! You were haulin' ass up that hill!!!

You are a much smoother driver than the guy filming you. Oh yeah, nice pass on the white Porsche in the braking zone into 10.

BTW...do the wreckers there have ESP? As you come out of 10 and go past the pits you can see a wrecker headed towards the start/finish in the direction you eventually swap ends... :p :p

totally man, that porsche was nuts. no sound in that one, i'm fixing that now, need to remake the wmv and re up.
ya, that was part of my problem, lol, too fast, but damn you can just go flat out on it its fun, just need to slow more before the top of the hill.
thanks, ya the guy filming is my friend dustin, he has 02 wrx, he had just put on new tires and new sway bar, i think he was trying to get used to it.
i think they just hang out at turn 10, serously i saw 4 cars go into that wall that day, its nuts, that track needs more runoff. but, if you look at the vid of my buddys line breaking, he goes into one of the few run off zones there are, very lucky that happened there. he was talking about how much trouble he'd be in if it were on turn 10, ouch.

I assume that cam has some image stabilization features in it?

On that mount... was it really $100? The camera mount for an Autopower roll cage is the same price! I'll probably use the cage mount instead- especially because the windshield mount won't be legal on most tracks.

possibly have stabalization, if it does, i didn't put it on, its not my camera, so i'm not sure. yes it is really 100 bucks, a rip huh? its been legal in every track we've been to out here, may not be legal to use in competition racing though..

i live in oakland and its not to far away from sears point. i want to get into this stuff. how do i start?

Originally posted by highperboi@Nov 3 2003, 08:06 PM
i live in oakland and its not to far away from sears point. i want to get into this stuff. how do i start?

http://www.nasaproracing.com
you start in HPDE1, read about it, its good stuff :)
come out and join us, your first time you'll be addicted for life.

i have read it it says that i need to be a member of NASA. the membership is only 35 bucks. is that it?? arnt there any track fees? or fees for the instructer to ride with me?

Originally posted by highperboi@Nov 3 2003, 08:14 PM
i have read it it says that i need to be a member of NASA. the membership is only 35 bucks. is that it?? arnt there any track fees? or fees for the instructer to ride with me?

that is right, $35 a year. track fees are usually $150 a day. there is no fee for the instructor.

also, mespin.wmv now has sound :)

if you look at the vid of my buddys line breaking, he goes into one of the few run off zones there are

yeah I saw that....if that had happened in 10..WHAM!...lights out...

I'm trying to get my hands on a digital video camera so I can get some of the auto-x action posted. Well, really I want to see where I'm screwing up but the offshoot is you all will too!!

Also, you're line out of the carousel is better in the spin vid and you own your friend in the WRX

Originally posted by ahedau@Nov 3 2003, 08:24 PM
if you look at the vid of my buddys line breaking, he goes into one of the few run off zones there are

yeah I saw that....if that had happened in 10..WHAM!...lights out...

I'm trying to get my hands on a digital video camera so I can get some of the auto-x action posted. Well, really I want to see where I'm screwing up but the offshoot is you all will too!!

Also, you're line out of the carousel is better in the spin vid and you own your friend in the WRX

ya, the feedback you get from watching yourself is really good.
see, i knew i did the carosuel right somewhere, hehe.

Originally posted by B16@Nov 3 2003, 11:03 PM
possibly have stabalization, if it does, i didn't put it on, its not my camera, so i'm not sure. yes it is really 100 bucks, a rip huh? its been legal in every track we've been to out here, may not be legal to use in competition racing though..

Ah, ok. I'll get the cage, then the mount... that for sure is legal in competition. I would just be scared racing around with a camera suction cupped to my windshield, but that's just me.

:lol:

Back