Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honda Prelude

• Honda Civic

• Other... (Please post commen

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nofx

Dear readers,
I've been having a very hard time choosing a car in which to persue 12-13's with.
Please select the car you would go with. The car will be mostly 1/4 mile raced, with some street. They car will be turbocharged if its not already.
Thanks a bunch

How much do you want to put into the car money wise? Cuz any of those cars can be made to go 12's or 13's, you just need dough. Whats your budget? You are giving a very broad question.

My vote? Other

Buy either an NSX and twin turbo it or an 03 Cobra and run low 12s already.

Acura Integra. Buy a bolt-on turbo kit. You'll see 13's with that and a small shot of NAWS.
Is the teg Ls or Gsr???

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 9 2003, 08:44 PM
My vote? Other

He hasnt even told us his budget!

i voted eclipse, its already turbo and runs 14's minor mods and you should reach your goals.

i voted 240sx car can be had for around 1200 sr20det front clip 2-3000 turbo upgrades 1500. now u have a car that runs 12 all day long for 6 grand

Originally posted by TypeRcivic+Sep 10 2003, 01:49 AM-->
sleepergtx
@Sep 9 2003, 08:44 PM
My vote? Other

He hasnt even told us his budget!

Thats why I voted other and said NSX or Cobra.

To make a car run decent times you're gonna need more than 5k and a shit load of good luck. so I figure he's got at least 20 g's to blow on a car.

the DSM's will get you there cheaply. but they suck and will alwyas be breaking down on you and blowing up.

my vote, s13 240sx, rb25det swap, 12.5 out of the box.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 9 2003, 11:50 PM
the DSM's will get you there cheaply. but they suck and will alwyas be breaking down on you and blowing up.

my vote, s13 240sx, rb25det swap, 12.5 out of the box.

i agree, i was just thinking fastest easiest way to get there without having to swap and all that stuff.

1st gen eagle talon. Cleanest lines of all the 1st gen DSM's, and it's a high 14 second car stock.

Make sure to get a TSi AWD 5 speed, and it will be cheap to purchase, cheap to modify, and should put you FIRMLY in the mid 12's for $3000-5000 over purchase price.

I was kinda thinking 240sx too.
could you elaborate more on the sr20det and the rb25det swaps... which to go with and stuff.

Thanks guys

It all depends on how much you want to spend. For 10k you can buy a used civic dx and drop a b18c1 and turbo or nos as well as other mods and it should do 12-13. Make sure it is a dx though because they weigh less and are cheaper! They are also alot easier to find for sale then the other models.

2 ways.... turbo non-vtec b-series in a CRX HF, or civic VX
SR20 swap in a 240... you can get close to 300 HP out of a stock motor, by upping the boost a little.....

from my experience, i would say go with the civic/CRX... as those are the ones i have dealt the most with, but the 240 would be cooler, as you can do hellacious smokey burnouts...

the reason i say non vtec is it would be cheaper...... you can buy a whole cam/valvetrain for the price of vtec cams...

both of these could be done for well under 10k

I have to go with the Rex with B18. 13 second car all stock, all motor. With Nos you can run 12's. If you want to go faster you need to do some more mods, but eventually add turbo, boost it up enough, you can run 10's. But unless you like the body style of a CRX and you want looks with speed I would go with a Nissan or new Prelude.

i voted civic with a swap and turbo so then i could see the wonderful faces of those camaro and stang drivers when i bet them

the dsm will get you there the cheapest, like B said the problem is breaking down. I had one and sold it within one month,,way too many problems after I bought it.

but I read an old Turbo mag article where they got a DSM running 11.9 or 11.8 on 4 grand in mods...

ive always been a Z fanatic.. so i would say Z.. you can pick one a 90 TT for about 7,000 now adays.. throw in a JWT chipped ECU and pop filter charger and get about 50whp gains for about 1100.. drop in a bigger intercooler and get a boost controller to turn regulate the boost and gain another 30whp or so for 1500.. thats good for mid 12 sec runs.. friend had the same setup except for a HKS system system.. ran low consist 12s and did over 170mph.. FUN!!!

bah, the 300zx's are sleds. they are too fucking heavy. a kid in town has one that put 425 to the wheels, and it runs 13.8s all day long

Back