increase brake pressure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

obetosaio

Hey guys i'm running 95 civic with rotors and cali, using stock cylinder. Now i need more pressure would any of you know which on i could swap and from what car looikg for a bolt on solution 15/16th or 1". Also in the future would like to do a is add rear brakes
:worthy: Thanks ahead of time :worthy:

91 EX
94-97 Del Sol vtec<--must have matching booster, same with the GSR
94+ Integra RS

is the GSR master the same size as the ITR??, always heard of peeps using the itr unit, just checking and hopefully it will add to the topic.

brake pressure is

pressure in lbs applied to the pedal * pedal ratio / area of master cylinder size

Line pressure can only be increased by either increasing the mechanical pedal ratio or by decreasing the master cylinder diameter. In either case the pedal travel will be increased.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jan 7 2004, 12:23 AM
is the GSR master the same size as the ITR??, always heard of peeps using the itr unit, just checking and hopefully it will add to the topic.

I wanna say the 96-97 or 98s (ITR's) have 15/16's also, but the 99+ have 1".

Chepest would be the 7/8 MC from a 92-95 Civic EX it works with the 13/16 booster. If you already have that get SS lines and a 15/16 & booster from a 90 prelude or get your line reflared for the 1 inch MC & booster.

Back