Innovative traction bar bushing help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HATCHET_HONDA

scottie fizzle
anyone know how the bushing kit is installed into the innovative traction bar on an ef? im confused on where the big washer goes in between the bushings

is this the replacement crossmember or the full aftermarket one?

Also, if it's the aftermarket one, I had the big washer in my Avid kit too....never knew where it went and they never told me(just said they would send me new instructions...which didn't say anything about the washer).

is this the replacement crossmember or the full aftermarket one?

Also, if it's the aftermarket one, I had the big washer in my Avid kit too....never knew where it went and they never told me(just said they would send me new instructions...which didn't say anything about the washer).

its the replacement crossmember and uses the oem radius rods. i bought the bushing kit and it came with 4 bushings and 2 big washers. i havent a clue what position those 2 washers go in. does it really matter u think? maybe as long as i put both in the same spot on each side

2 washers and two bushings. The washers are on the outside. If you look at each hole you will only see the washers when installed correctly. The tightness depends on where you want the wheels to sit as this is for adjusting when aligning the car.

OEM radius rods can't be adjusted. They use a spacer where the bushing is so it's either torqued down, or it's not. IIRC, only way to adjust OE radius arms is with an aftermarket spherical bushing like the SBMS unit.

I'd say, just use the OE washers. What confuses me is my Avid kit has those large washers too; and it's an aftermarket unit with no large rubber/poly bushing.

2 washers and two bushings. The washers are on the outside. If you look at each hole you will only see the washers when installed correctly. The tightness depends on where you want the wheels to sit as this is for adjusting when aligning the car.

yea thats how i have it. factory washer/innovative washer/bushing/crossmember/bushingfactory washer/nut

i was gonna just leave those washers out but theres alot of play without them included

Back