integra front end swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
a front end swap that wouldnt look too bad would be an EG front end on a DC... it'd give the Integra a stubbier nose which would look better IMO

Some guy in my old complex has a blue teg with the JDM front end conversion, that is the best looking car I tihnk Honda ever made.

Some guy in my old complex has a blue teg with the JDM front end conversion, that is the best looking car I tihnk Honda ever made.
i have to agree with that. and like every other great japanese car, the u.s. doesn't get anything more than a sniff of a watered down version of it.

quick chop.. haha

Attachments

• 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 24,741
quick chop.. haha
it would be better just to paint a civic coupe championship white and put some hx wheels on it. lol

edit: add some one piece headlights for the jdm itr feel. hahaha

Last edited:
it would be very interesting to see that! i dont think i could ever do it to my dc, but id like to see it nonetheless

it would be better just to paint a civic coupe championship white and put some hx wheels on it. lol

edit: add some one piece headlights for the jdm itr feel. hahaha

Does anyone even make 1-piece EG headlights that aren't projectors? I was never able to find any a few years back when I had my EG...

look at it this way , one he is not buying auto zone rice crap , doing the work himself , so who really cares if some of you don't like it . It is his car and should be done in a way he likes it .

Does anyone even make 1-piece EG headlights that aren't projectors? I was never able to find any a few years back when I had my EG...

Ive never seen one piecers that werent projectors either... I really dont think they make them, but if so they would look killer on the Teg.

you should not have junked two good fenders with flux core wire and also you dont know the all you can weld on body panels is a spot at a time and let it cool

fuckin A... .cut the guy a break. hes doing more bodywork than at least 95% of the population ever will. and it doesnt look that bad to me.

you should not have junked two good fenders with flux core wire

does it get lonely way up there on your high horse?

and also you dont know the all you can weld on body panels is a spot at a time and let it cool
hummm... seems to me i explained that exact technique and explained why i used flux core... i guess you would know that had you actually read the posts instead of just looking at the pretty pictures.
*edit* i looked it up, end of post #10 beginning of post #11

Last edited:
Have you thought about a wide body kit since the integra front is a little wider.
yep actually,
I stopped in a local shop and talked some things over with them. I like the fender lines of the teg better than civic (one of the reasons i chopped the fenders so far back any how), all the civic wide body rear flares i saw had that very sharp ridge to them witch didn’t make them flow very well.
this is what i think the solution will be
fenders.jpg

the vis quest fender flares. Im going to get two sets of the front fenders. Take one of the sets, swap the sides and blend them on the rear fenders (after i weld in the new rear patch pans i have sitting in the shop). The patch pans that i got with the car but didnt weld in because i ran out of gas and want them to look good when they are done.........

i did read your post and i knew why you used flux core wire. But instead of trashing 200+ in used fenders i would have got my bottle filled and continued on the correct way. You started the project off nice and ruined it IMO. But to each his own

i did read your post and i knew why you used flux core wire.
so that’s why you insisted on preaching about what i don’t know? even though i laid out exactly what you were referring to that you clamed i did not know. Really adds credibility and validity to the rest of your comments.

But instead of trashing 200+ in used fenders i would have got my bottle filled and continued on the correct way.
your assuming that with a little bit of body work they wont look good enough for winter beater status?
im sorry but im not going to hold up a project on my daily driver for 2 weeks so that it might be show quality just to be slapped on for the winter months along with the stock front end, stock side skirts, and stock rear bumper...
LOL
im sorry but im also not here to impress you or any one else. this whole thing just started out with me doing a conversion I think is great and documenting it so that if any one else is thinking of doing the same thing they can look at it and decide if its worth the work to them. You can say that you don’t like it, or that you think im a hack all day long, but at the end of the day what does it really get you?

Actually looking back on all of this there has been very little questions about how to complete the swap vs why i swapped, and what I’m going to do down the road with it. Thank you to everyone that sees the potential and enjoys the style, and I appreciate all the people that said they don’t like it and why in a respectful manner. Though,
The whole point of this thread was to show how I did the swap so others could view it and see what they are getting into (if they choose to go this route) and I feel I have done just that. I truthfully i don’t feel i need to defend my self any more than i have, and I think continuing this non-sense will only further spin this thing off course, so if anyone has questions about the swap pm me. im not even going to bother checking to see where this goes.
Have fun
im out

Ive never seen one piecers that werent projectors either... I really dont think they make them, but if so they would look killer on the Teg.

these aren't totally like projectors.
eBay Motors: 1992-1995 CIVIC 2/3DR 1PC HEADLIGHTS W/CORNER 1993 1994 (item 140296532714 end time Jan-26-09 20:04:08 PST)

I saw this thread and had to post, I have done the integra no swap 3 times, the first time I did it to a 93 coupe that was in a wreck, I bought a rear wrecked integra and took the sawzall to it, when I was done I had my first engine/brake/front clip swap, this was back in 1994, it came out pretty good, I tried to dig up some pics, but I only found 1 and it's not that great, Ill post a link to it at the end.
the second one I did was on the same car, 10 years later I upgraded it by putting the correct core support and changing to fiberglass fenders, also i went to the 98 spec headlights and bumper.
The last one I did was about 4 years ago to a del-sol, I ran into alot of problems with it, but it looked good when it was done. bad pic at the end.
Overall I will never do it again, I love the headlights you can get for the eg so that you don't have that horrible night driving experience like with the stockies.
here's some pics:
http://b5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00433/57/83/433053875_l.jpg hard to tell its a coupe but look at the door handle and the antenna if you can see it.
http://a917.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/1/l_ebb60a09bed1a1b0dc131a1eb4d303bc.jpg easy to tell its a del sol, small pic tho from a camera phone, heres a finished one.
http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/504/del-tegra.jpg

to the thread starter, you didn't change out the cowl did you? the integra cowl fits right in place and will have the windshield squirters on it so you can clean your windshield.
just to let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back