***interested in burning my own chips***

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so....im interested in burning my own rom chips for my ECU but i have no clue where to start...i been reading on some sites like hondata, PGMFI.org adn searching on google but im still not too sure where to start. what do i need exactly to get burning, where do i get this stuff from and approximately how much is all the parts and stuff to do this gonna cost???...please let me kno :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 6 2005, 11:09 PM
http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=42
[post=508822]Quoted post[/post]​

Moates is the man if you have questions just email or call him and he will tell you what you need and he offers great support. For my car I ended up getting the ostrich in order to tune live with uberdata. If you just want to go the cheap route all you need is the burn1 to burn the chips. Since I dont know your setup I will give you my costs as a basis.
My cost was
$170 for the Ostrich
$100 for the socketed P28
$200 for 450 injectors
Free Uberdata
and $75 for the OBDIIa-OBDI conversion harness

well see....i already have a socketed ECU but instead of buying chips and shit off of other people. i just wanna be able to burn multiple chips and possibly get good enoughf to sell them as well....would i still go this route?? is there another course of action i need to take...i hear people talking about these HONDATA S100 systems they use to burn chips but i dont kno if thats what i need to get started.

Originally posted by ReDLiNe_9700K@Jun 10 2005, 07:07 PM
well see....i already have a socketed ECU but instead of buying chips and shit off of other people. i just wanna be able to burn multiple chips and possibly get good enoughf to sell them as well....would i still go this route?? is there another course of action i need to take...i hear people talking about these HONDATA S100 systems they use to burn chips but i dont kno if thats what i need to get started.
[post=510951]Quoted post[/post]​

for just burning chips, buy a Willem burner off Ebay, like $55 shipped

Back