Is It A Good Deal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

$1800 for a 91 GS with GSR rims and 97,000 miles. He said that the clutch was going and the drive shafts I believe it was are going as well. I also have to drive 6 hours to get there. What do you think?

Peace*

97k on the GSR or on the chassis? That's a long drive, so make sure you bring a friend and the money. If it's in fairly good running condition, there isn't a whole lot of rust and a lion didn't try to mate with the interior, I'd say it's a good buy. I'd find out who did the swap, if it was him, have it checked out by a mechanic.

The engine is not a GSR the rims are. Those GSR 5 star wheels. The engine is still the stock B18a1. $1800 is under the blue book value for sure.

oh my bad, missed that word, it's still a good deal as long as the interior and exterior aren't completely fubar. I'd bring a compression tester with you too. Is it driveable?

Good thinking! Oh yea the car is in perfect running condition. He said that the only time the clutch has problems is if you tach it up and try to come off of it fast like when you are racing someone.

Peace*

get some pics of the intreior and exterior ... then if they look good take a ride .... its definaly a good price

Originally posted by 2fastaccord@Mar 25 2003, 11:38 AM
Good thinking! Oh yea the car is in perfect running condition. He said that the only time the clutch has problems is if you tach it up and try to come off of it fast like when you are racing someone.

Peace*

ahh then the motor may have been abused if he says the clutch doesnt hold when he launches. just thought you should know, get it checked before you buy it. ask about the timing belt and water pump.

Same thing I thought. He does live in NY and they have terrible traffic which can't be good on a clutch either. He has already replaced the timing belt and water pump.

Peace*

just for a car that runs thats a decent price. rebuild and turbo that b.

Back