Itr B18c7 Into 96 Ex Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ngq

i swaped b18c7 (australian spec.)itr into my civic & have few things not runnig right,but first about my swap
b18c7 motor & intake manifold,gsr tb,jdm98spec p73 ecu(p73-013),jdm98 spec 4-1 header & jdm sirg tranny
w/lsd(s80).
gas smell in exhast(unburnt fuel)
rpm @ 1050 after resetting ecu (no change in idel)
jdm 4-1 header sitting on low tie bar
ur help is appreciated.
note motor stamped 06-00 (june 2000),gas in my area suck 89 octaine

1. unburnt fuel - check ur spark plugs and ur ignition timing make sure its all in order

2. rpm's - are u throwing any ecu codes? u mighjt want to check ur throttle cable and make sure its not too taut

3. header - jdm 4-1s are known to hang really low. my frnd had issues with his hitting his lower tie bar as well, i solved that problem by not running a lower tie bar. check ur mounts tho, see if they are torqued properly and the motor is where it is supposed to by, u might be able to free up a tiny lil bit of room. hth's

thank u chris 1. i am useing pfr7g plugs (ngk) i thought the distributor is non adjustabe
2.no ecu codes,its not the cable(my freind tryed the ecu on his gsr & rpm @1050)
3.i will check into motor mounts.
forgot to mention i still have back fire.

well check the plugs make sure that they are gapped properly, and check ur ignition timing. u adjust the distributor by unbolting the bottom to bolts and swiviling it foward or backwards (advancing or retarding timing). check ur firing order as well

sounds like the ecu might have problems if it is doing the same thing on ur frnds motor as well. some ecus act funny. my ctr ecu idled at about 1000 as well. functionally no problems tho. have u tried another ecu on ur car? check that if u can. check for vaccuum leaks as well just in case.

backfire is probably due to the unburnt fuel.

its good to know that ur ctr ecu idels @1000rpm jdm 98+itr & ctr ecus might all be like that ? i am going to recheck all connctions on my wireing harness & ground wires,hopping i will find the problem.

Originally posted by ngq@Jan 12 2003, 08:35 AM
its good to know that ur ctr ecu idels @1000rpm jdm 98+itr & ctr ecus might all be like that ? i am going to recheck all connctions on my wireing harness & ground wires,hopping i will find the problem.

Don't believe they are supposed to idle that high.Check your vacuums going to and from your charcoal canister as I think that is what filters out the fumes that you maybe smelling.On my motor it idled high till I plug the vacuums and it smells like burnt fuel.

thank u 92b16vx, i have three lines out of charcol can ,one for tank & two other not sure where exactely
on im or tb. if u have vacume line diagram i appreciate it.

Originally posted by ngq@Jan 12 2003, 11:27 AM
thank u 92b16vx, i have three lines out of charcol can ,one for tank & two other not sure where exactely
on im or tb. if u have vacume line diagram i appreciate it.

Haha,problem is,I just unplugged the whole thing and plugged the lines.Right now I am no where near my car (deployed) so I couldn't even look,but if you follow the diagram that should be on the inside of your hood (are you in the U.S. or australia),that should give you a good idea,or place to start.

Back