J32A Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If I was trying to be an ass about it, then I would have called you a dip-shit or knob gobbler or something else to that effect. My point was that you obviously didn't know what you were talking about, so therefore you shouldn't be acting like you did.

If that makes me an ass, then so be it... :dunno:

Well since you said knob gobbler then were are good. I just took it the wrong way it is hard to read sarcasm. I agree I probably should not of said anything but I thought I had read in Honda Tuning the swap starting to gain popularity but also requiring a lot of custom work. But whatever I really don't care.

Last edited:
All I know is that my friends 03 TL type -s moves with that motor, can't imagine that in an EG/EK

wiring is the only issue i think will be a problem
brutal you said there was a company that made wiring kit do you know how i can get in touch with them

wiring is the only issue i think will be a problem
brutal you said there was a company that made wiring kit do you know how i can get in touch with them

I don't remember off the top of my head, but I know that it goes over all of this in the latest issue of Honda Tuning. I'll look it up for you when I get home tonight. It's a RyWire type thing, where you send them the two harnesses and they'll chop them up into one for you and send it back...

also you will have to run a custom exhaust. you can either weld it up yourself or have a shop do it.

Probably the only time I will recommend running a dual exhaust on a Honda.

The Honda Tuning, I think its April issue, calls the swap the next generation swap and they do a full write up on it. It was not at all even close to 15 grand. I talked to Hasport personally and they make the mounts and the axles for the swap. They told me the fuel system is ran the same as the K20 swap. The mounts are almost the same amount of work as the K20 swap. Here is the instuctions for the mounts and applications if anyone is interested: OpenDNS, the engine fits right in with the altenator braket supplied by Hasport. Read this to find out excatly what it takes to install the engine. They also told me to talk to API(Arizona Performance Imports) on the wiring harness issue. The transmission is hard to find in South Carolina but I will do some more searching in surrounding states to see if I can find one. The hood is on my mind and I'm not what I'm doing yet.

I bought my engine for $150 and got it shipped for $70. I am in a all Honda/Acura car club and we have discounts through a Honda dearlership in the area, so i can get parts for cheap. One of the biggest reasons for doing this swap is to be different than everyone elses B, K, F, D, ZC, or H Series swaps that are everywhere. I will, as far as I know, be the only one in South Carolina with this swap. Yes the K-Series engine is a great engine but not for the price, to me anyway.

By the way I went to 3 years of school and I have almost 5 years experience as a techician. I am ASE Certified and I am Toyota Certified and soon going to be a Toyota Expert Certified Technician. May not be Honda, but as far as the work is concerned its not really that different. Not bragging just explaining my technical experience.

speaking of API .. i remember taking this pic at the Eibach meet last year... MDX swapped hatch.. they'd be the ones to talk to

P5180982.jpg

I plan on at least a 3in exhaust. But I also have other plans but they are just plans not for sure yet it depends. Possible remote turbo in the back of the car where spare tire well is now. Not sure just a thought. I will run low boost if I do it. Just a little bit of happy time through gears.

I plan on at least a 3in exhaust. But I also have other plans but they are just plans not for sure yet it depends. Possible remote turbo in the back of the car where spare tire well is now. Not sure just a thought. I will run low boost if I do it. Just a little bit of happy time through gears.

I cannot vouch for remote turbo's, nor have I heard of many turbo v6 honda's , if clearance permits mount them in the engine bay, they'll spool faster there, not to mention the intake works better out front. Why not twin turbo the displacement and airflow seems to be there.

Also. if you start be sure to post pics, but make sure to price everything out!

Post what you paid for stuff as well or estimates so it helps people out on costs when they try to start their swaps :D

also the hood can be cowled once you're finished.
I laid a large cloth across the top of my engine, bolted the hood on and set it on the engine. marked out what needed to go, cut two slits, made sure it fit with some clearance for the engine to move. Then took some metal and cut it roughly to shape, tacked it in. made sure everything closed up well. Finished the welds cut and cleaned everything up and painted. It looked like crap but it was temporary until i could do something better.

Last edited:
Next big thing my ass... V6 swap = fucking retarded!

Maybe its good for you if your a rich kid that don't know shit and thinks a v6 is gonna make his car Ferrari fast.

if its the Type S version it'll be pretty quick and possibly worth it.. if its the regular 3.2tl motor, its not worth the money or time

Maybe its good for you if your a rich kid that don't know shit and thinks a v6 is gonna make his car Ferrari fast.

lol.. at that point just buy a Ferrari.

wait i know.
:buyanm:

guy seems pretty intent on swapping for a v6 though. Since he already picked the engine up. I'm just waiting to see his breakdown of cost, see how little or much it is.

The Honda Tuning, I think its April issue, calls the swap the next generation swap and they do a full write up on it. It was not at all even close to 15 grand. I talked to Hasport personally and they make the mounts and the axles for the swap. They told me the fuel system is ran the same as the K20 swap. The mounts are almost the same amount of work as the K20 swap. Here is the instuctions for the mounts and applications if anyone is interested: OpenDNS, the engine fits right in with the altenator braket supplied by Hasport. Read this to find out excatly what it takes to install the engine. They also told me to talk to API(Arizona Performance Imports) on the wiring harness issue. The transmission is hard to find in South Carolina but I will do some more searching in surrounding states to see if I can find one. The hood is on my mind and I'm not what I'm doing yet.

I bought my engine for $150 and got it shipped for $70. I am in a all Honda/Acura car club and we have discounts through a Honda dearlership in the area, so i can get parts for cheap. One of the biggest reasons for doing this swap is to be different than everyone elses B, K, F, D, ZC, or H Series swaps that are everywhere. I will, as far as I know, be the only one in South Carolina with this swap. Yes the K-Series engine is a great engine but not for the price, to me anyway.

By the way I went to 3 years of school and I have almost 5 years experience as a techician. I am ASE Certified and I am Toyota Certified and soon going to be a Toyota Expert Certified Technician. May not be Honda, but as far as the work is concerned its not really that different. Not bragging just explaining my technical experience.
you wont be the only one i sold all of my lsvtec parts just to do this swap i have absolutly fell in love with the power of the honda v6 engines with a intake throttle body spacer and a few custom exhaust tweeks i ran a 10 flat on a 1/8of a mile track in my automatic 98 honda accord i cant wait to see what a j series will do in my ej1 good luck with your swap maybe when your done we can set up a race

Ethan...are you drunk again buddy? Gotta read the thread man. This swap is fairly easy now, and it's actually not that expensive.

As for the power, no it won't be Ferrari fast, but it will be faster then most any 4-cylinder you can bolt in with a mount kit, plus it'll actually have some torque...

Ethan...are you drunk again buddy? Gotta read the thread man. This swap is fairly easy now, and it's actually not that expensive.

As for the power, no it won't be Ferrari fast, but it will be faster then most any 4-cylinder you can bolt in with a mount kit, plus it'll actually have some torque...

V6 swap still = retarded. I used to dream about it when i was like 12. and then i thought about! for what like 250hp and no engine bay space?

ohh yea but i am drunk.

Hasport also told me to check out Tri-Tech Motorsports for wiring also. I also already have a list of prices so I can keep up what I need while I'm working on it to. I am updating the prices as I go. I am also trying to get rid of all of my LS parts for more money towards to swap. Fast is not all that matters as I said before I want to be different. If I want fast I would go buy another motorcycle. I had a 06' Honda CBR600RR that I did 160mph on before I got rid of it. Five miles in about 2 minutes is fast. By the way, Ethan, I am not in anyway even close to rich, but where theres a will theres a way. Thats why this will be a slow and steady process not just a month long project. As far as turbo is concerned I will have to see what kind of room I have left over when I get closer to putting the engine in. Z6CRX thanks for the hood info I will probably do something like that for the time being.

Hasport also told me to check out Tri-Tech Motorsports for wiring also. I also already have a list of prices so I can keep up what I need while I'm working on it to. I am updating the prices as I go. I am also trying to get rid of all of my LS parts for more money towards to swap. Fast is not all that matters as I said before I want to be different. If I want fast I would go buy another motorcycle. I had a 06' Honda CBR600RR that I did 160mph on before I got rid of it. Five miles in about 2 minutes is fast. By the way, Ethan, I am not in anyway even close to rich, but where theres a will theres a way. Thats why this will be a slow and steady process not just a month long project. As far as turbo is concerned I will have to see what kind of room I have left over when I get closer to putting the engine in. Z6CRX thanks for the hood info I will probably do something like that for the time being.

OK i sobered up. I understand now why you would like to do the swap and i hope you give us some good photos once you get it going.

cbr600rr = FTMFW!

Ohh and about the hood... FUCK IT! lol show that shit off after all that work!

last issue of honda tuning had a whole write up on this swap, plus parts list.
that is correct, if you grab the newest honda tuning issue its super packed with information for these exact kind of swaps. its not as expensive as people think and there are a few decent companies that have the things you need to do this swap correct and for a decent price...less than a kseries swap.

Back