Jackson Supercharger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:werd: i'd stick with 8 psi, as I think 11 psi might be a bit beyond that compressors efficiency, not certain though, but roots blowers are notorious for making A LOT of heat and cranking up the boost is only going to intensify that problem

. . . . . . giving you a wider powerband and a car with a higher fun factor.

S/C's on FWD cars = :ghey:
[post=448707]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

were do people come up with these stupid comments... :tfg:

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Jan 20 2005, 10:57 AM
:werd: i'd stick with 8 psi, as I think 11 psi might be a bit beyond that compressors efficiency, not certain though, but roots blowers are notorious for making A LOT of heat and cranking up the boost is only going to intensify that problem
[post=448715]Quoted post[/post]​

Twin screw blowers do generate a good amount of heat. Anything over 8 PSI you will need to look into water injection. The M45 really can only take around 11-14 psi, after that it is spinning way too fast for its own good, or at least that is what I have heard from BRP. The MP62, however apparently can spin up to around 20,000+ rpm, according to Eaton, and Big Gulp. I would be curious to see someone put the MP62 on a b series, as it is the perfect blower for our cars. I have seen miatas make around 340RWHP with an MP62!!! Now imagine that set up on a Honda motor that has a much better flowing head, the numbers I bet would be close to 400WHP! Of course that would need to be intercooled. It would be nice if Jackson Racing made a new manifold that could be intercooled, much like what Flyin' Miata is doing with the Uber Charger. Fuck, HASport should be making an Intercooler compatible manifold for the JRSC kit. I would consider getting a JRSC if I could get an intercooler for it.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 20 2005, 04:45 PM
FWD suck period if you compare them to RWD or AWD.
[post=448791]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah but im not doing that.

What im trying to say is that the $$$ spent on a Supercharger for his honda would be better spent on a Turbo Kit . . . . more power, speed, driveability, etc.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Jan 20 2005, 03:29 PM-->
92civicb18b1
@Jan 20 2005, 04:45 PM
FWD suck period if you compare them to RWD or AWD.
[post=448791]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah but im not doing that.

What im trying to say is that the $$$ spent on a Supercharger for his honda would be better spent on a Turbo Kit . . . . more power, speed, driveability, etc.
[post=448832]Quoted post[/post]​

All depends on preference. I am not a big fan of most turbo hondas, as it is hard to get good low end power out of one. Hondas lack low end power and a supercharger for sure can help provide the lacking power. However superchargers cut out on the top end, but thankfully honda motor make great top end power. I do not drag race so for what I do a supercharger would work out much better for me. I think a lot more people would consider a supercharger for a honda if more than two companies made them for a honda. The centrifugal set up is ideal for most of our applications, the Roots set up is limited to the M45, and even more so limited by the lack of a cooling system for the M45 kits. I really wish Endyne would actually release that blower kit that his been linked on his website for 6 years or so, and I wish someone would come out with an Intercooled whipple kit. I would convert my build up to a forced induction build if I could get something like that. I do agree that RWD is a better application for most agressive driving/racing situations, but when you have a quick project car with an awesome motor like honda provides extra power is always nice.

Twin screw blowers do generate a good amount of heat. Anything over 8 PSI you will need to look into water injection. The M45 really can only take around 11-14 psi, after that it is spinning way too fast for its own good, or at least that is what I have heard from BRP. The MP62, however apparently can spin up to around 20,000+ rpm, according to Eaton, and Big Gulp. I would be curious to see someone put the MP62 on a b series, as it is the perfect blower for our cars. I have seen miatas make around 340RWHP with an MP62!!! Now imagine that set up on a Honda motor that has a much better flowing head, the numbers I bet would be close to 400WHP! Of course that would need to be intercooled. It would be nice if Jackson Racing made a new manifold that could be intercooled, much like what Flyin' Miata is doing with the Uber Charger. Fuck, HASport should be making an Intercooler compatible manifold for the JRSC kit. I would consider getting a JRSC if I could get an intercooler for it..

I agree 110%- If JRSC would stop trying building their blowers as a friggin complete intake manifold replacement and give the option for an actual intercooler I would certainly be more apt to buy one especially considering I'm not a big fan of water injection, it's more of putting a band-aid over a broken bone than an actual solution on a street car.

Back