JDM B16a Vtec DOHC SIR-2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bossman032

LINK.

Ok I bought this Engine ^. Hoping its cable tranny.

But All you people telling me its HYDRO!!!

I called them TODAY they said ITS CABLE!!

Can someone give me the Real Facts about this ENGINE?

I was gonna drop this on my CIVIC DX 4GEN.
I got the Mount just waiting on the ENGINE.

I am :rolleyes: confused what the hell the engine is????

92-95 B16's didnt have a cable tranny... they were hydro... if this one has a cable tranny (and it really is an Sir 2) it was put on by someone.... ask what OBD the engine is ... if it is a 92-95 it will be OBD-1....

B16A SiR 1 = 90-91, cable tranny, OBD-0, 160hp
B16A SiR 2 = 92-95, hydro tranny, OBD-1, 170hp
this engine = who the fuck knows

if you can get some numbers off the engine maybe someone will be able to tell you what it is

Pretty much um yea what he said.Seeing as how I have this engine in my car and I can offer my life to the fact that you don't bleed a cable clutch(maybe I shouldn't say that),and I had to bleed this one,it is either a compiled who knows what or it is a b16a2(sorry siRII) that someone put a cable clutch on.

anyways If I get a Hasport Harness for my DX and USE A OBD-0 ECU for the OBD-1 Engine will everything run proper?

I will also need to change the distributor and Fuel thing right?

if it is a B16A SiR 2 and he has a cable tranny on it he may have already changed everything else over to work with an OBD-0 cable tranny'd car so you wont have to change anything.... or if its a B16A SiR you wont have to change anything

i wouldnt buy anything else untill you are 100% sure of what the hell it is

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 26 2002, 06:09 PM
if it is a B16A SiR 2 and he has a cable tranny on it he may have already changed everything else over to work with an OBD-0 cable tranny'd car so you wont have to change anything.... or if its a B16A SiR you wont have to change anything

i wouldnt buy anything else untill you are 100% sure of what the hell it is

OK thanks for the advise always welcomed...

For the mean time I am looking for a Civic VX 92-95..

It will make my swap a 90% easier B)

:blink: :blink: your looking at getting an OBD-1 car with a hydro tranny to put a most likely OBD-0 engine with a cable tranny into?????? :blink: :blink:
if you dont have a car why did you buy the engine????? from the sounds of it that engine is set up to go in a 4th gen

this engine is for my 4thGEN CIVIC.

I am just saying I might get a 92-95 VX might....

anyways will the hasport wiring harness PLUG and PLAY to my 4th GEN CIVIC?

From the looks of the price you paid for the engine, i would say it is the first generation B16. Usually the second generation costs around $2000-2500 on e-bay. you can also tell which one it is by looking at the wire harnesses and connections. The second generation has grey harnesses, the first generation has a milky white color. you cannot tell just by looking at the engine stamp or valve cover. Idetifying the B16. Check out this link, it should help.

i would highly suggest flaking on this one.

i told you not to buy this a couple days ago.

jsut dont blame me when you have this in your car, and can't figure out how to wire anything up.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 27 2002, 02:21 AM
i would highly suggest flaking on this one.

i told you not to buy this a couple days ago.

jsut dont blame me when you have this in your car, and can't figure out how to wire anything up.

YEA.

I WON'T BLAME YOU :).

I bid on a SIR II engine thats what I want!!

SIR II engines are not cheap here in Sac!!

SIR II engines are not cheap here in Sac!!

Another Nor-Cal enthusiast.

We need to get us all together and have a BBQ like those Virgina guys heh.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 27 2002, 05:39 PM
SiR are not cheap, you're right. but WTF did you buy. It's NOT a complete SiR2.

IT IS A SIR II. IF NOT THEY WILL HEAR FROM MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY WHICH WILL MAKE THEM A RUN FOR THEY MONEY THEY JACKED FROM ME.

You are bidding on a JDM 92-95 B16a II gen cable tranny. These swap include B16a II gen, 5 Speed Cable Transmission, Manifolds, All sensors, ECU (Computer), Clutch, Flywheel, Intermediate Shaft, Starter, Alternator, Partial Wiring Harness, axles, shift linkage etc. these is a complete swap, motors only got 45,000 km/h.

Originally posted by bossman032@Dec 27 2002, 07:59 PM
You are bidding on a JDM 92-95 B16a II gen cable tranny. These swap include B16a II gen, 5 Speed Cable Transmission, Manifolds, All sensors, ECU (Computer), Clutch, Flywheel, Intermediate Shaft, Starter, Alternator, Partial Wiring Harness, axles, shift linkage etc. these is a complete swap, motors only got 45,000 km/h.

ok, well first of all- a motor can't have SPEED

"motors only got 45,000 km/h"

they guy can't speak english, and right there, im gone.

it was in a crx- crx's are obd 0. the sir2 is obd1. SOMETHING had to be changed.

I have $50 on you:
A- needing a hydro tranny ($700)
B- obd 1 ecu ($100)
C- obd 1 distriobutor ($250)
D- obd 1 injectors ($100)

so, now how is it cheaper?

sorry dude- but I'm telling you you got taken. and credit company or not- ebay auctions are hard to make a claim on- even if you get the part.
right there- it says you are getting the ECU and shit, but is it the RIGHT one? who cares- they dont.
and just HOW partial is the wire harness. Have fun with that one.

Back