JDM ENGINE DEPOT online and Ebay seller..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

They fucked up, why are you driving to see them?

amazing what a little ride and showing up in person does for you right?
lol

Yes, a short drive four hour one way. and toll booths every few hundred feet seem like it. ha ha...

LSD5.jpg

LSD4.jpg

LSD3.jpg

LSD2.jpg

LSD1.jpg

yea, the NJ tolls really do suck, EZPass or the NJ equivalent will save you time and aggravation.

4 hours beats 6 hours each way going to canada, in a snow storm, with tolls AND customs.

Its a pretty nice transmission! Glad the long trip scored you a kick ass transmission ready to rock (within reason :wink:)

I have a 4.7FD too but have yet to experience it (maybe next weekend)

my gsr trans is pretty nice and thats with a OEM flywheel and clutch.
cant wait my self to have the swap done, but 1st i need to pass MD emissions i am due by the 01/12/2012. but i will be going by the end of this month. so that i can drop the ITR in.

I love our jdm itr trans. It just rips through the gears. I remember having to pass emissions when we lived in Delaware. Love FL though, just renew registration and go.

finished car on 11/13/2011 drove car home from work about 25 miles. trans felt weird but shifting, did not drive it at all monday or tuesday drove it today could not get into gear and when it did go into gear it would get stuck. something i did notice trans is loud at idle.

again what a nightmare has this turned out to be..

Last edited:
MR CaFrog, i just talked to them. they said why did i drive the car if the transmission was making noise. i said well i had to test drive it. now they want a ASE certified Tech look at my car and check the problem.

sounds like you just got fucked twice dude...

and an ASE certified tech is a dude, in a shop, that can read a god damn ASE manual word by word. no real difference than you and i the shadetree mechanic. these hondas are 15-20 years old now. what ASE tech knows anything about obd1 really? or cars that are not drive by wire?

i'd go there if you can. and fucking rip their shit up.

Last edited:
pull the tranny, make sure clutch and pressure plate bolts etc are all tq'd right.

there is no clutch pedal pressure at all now. it is possible that my clutch master went bad? what a mess...

yea, i was going to mention clutch master/slave or even a stuck throw out bearing

if you change the clutch master i would change the slave also, shit like that tends to fall apart in order

test before replacing. have someone press the clutch pedal, make sure the slave piston is moving

Back