jdm h22a 94 swap into accord 94

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hi, i'm new to the forum since i just started my swap! my question is wich axle can i use on my accord chassis with h22a lsd. can i use the prelude axle and intermediate shaft or do i got to use the accord axle and shaft??? also my car started as a automatic and now it's gonna be manual so i'd like to know if the 2 axle i took off from my auto tranny will fit manual h22 tranny into accord chassis. and would someone please tell me if i take all the prelude engine and tranny mount and braket will it fit on my chassis(wich before had manual tranny) excluding the driver's 1 that i gotta grind i little.
thanx guys!
 
Well, if you were doing a manual/manual or auto/auto swap, you could use the Accord axles you have with the Prelude intermediate shaft. However....You'll need to get the manual axles if you're doing the auto/manual changeover, and you'll still have to use the Prelude intermediate shaft.

Also, the front, passenger, and rear motor mounts should work just fine. To the best of my knowledge, Honda didn't change the chassis for auto/manual cars. So yeah, use those three motor mounts, and grind the driver side down a little.
 
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jul 26 2005, 10:02 AM
Well, if you were doing a manual/manual or auto/auto swap, you could use the Accord axles you have with the Prelude intermediate shaft. However....You'll need to get the manual axles if you're doing the auto/manual changeover, and you'll still have to use the Prelude intermediate shaft.

Also, the front, passenger, and rear motor mounts should work just fine. To the best of my knowledge, Honda didn't change the chassis for auto/manual cars. So yeah, use those three motor mounts, and grind the driver side down a little.
[post=531260]Quoted post[/post]​


thanx , so if i understood i could use both prelude or accord mount and axle as long as they came out of manual tranny? also what did you do for the power steering i read somewhere i could splice the lower accord with upper prelude line or have a 97 prelude power steering line and it would fit???
thanx for helpin
 
Well, the engine-half of the Accord driverside mount won't bolt to the Prelude block. I'm not sure about the others...just see what bolts to the Prelude block.

As for the power steering.....I dunno. I got rid of mine. :D
 
use a prelude driver side mount, the grind down the sides of it slightly jusat enough to get it to squeeze between the accord chassis portion of the mount. As for the power steering i did just what you said had the prelude upper portion, mated to the accord lower. wire up your knock sensor and swap pins a6 and a11 at the ecu and your good to go
 
Originally posted by driver1@Jul 26 2005, 09:58 AM
use a prelude driver side mount, the grind down the sides of it slightly jusat enough to get it to squeeze between the accord chassis portion of the mount. As for the power steering i did just what you said had the prelude upper portion, mated to the accord lower. wire up your knock sensor and swap pins a6 and a11 at the ecu and your good to go
[post=531293]Quoted post[/post]​



that works.

Also, a 90-93 Accord F22 mount works perfectly with no mods.
 
thanx guys but i'm not so sure. right now what i'm going to try is for the front mount (accord) with accord braket, passenger mount (h22) rear mount (h22) with h22 braket and h22 for the driver side. any 1 can tell me if that would work or do i have to use front h22 braket with accord mount, passenger accord mount, rear accord mount with (WICH BRAKET???) and h22 driver side mount!!! so i'm little confused please any1 tell me how you did it or any good info would be appreciated thanx
 
Originally posted by xela_127@Aug 4 2005, 05:11 AM
thanx guys but i'm not so sure. right now what i'm going to try is for the front mount (accord) with accord braket, passenger mount (h22) rear mount (h22) with h22 braket and h22 for the driver side. any 1 can tell me if that would work or do i have to use front h22 braket with accord mount, passenger accord mount, rear accord mount with (WICH BRAKET???) and h22 driver side mount!!! so i'm little confused please any1 tell me how you did it or any good info would be appreciated thanx
[post=535622]Quoted post[/post]​


ok, all accord mounts.

On the driver's side, you keep the metal bracket protruding from your timing cover. You do not need to take off any plastic to switch mounts. I used a stock F22A mount bolted directly to the H22 with no mods. The boltup is perfect. F22B mounts are DIFFERENT. 90-93 Accord mounts are F22A.
 
Top