jdm harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2Kgsr

Can you use a jdm wiring harness on a usdm civic?

Not easily. Some people have, but you have to cut and extend a LOT of the wires. The JDM cars have everything on teh opposite side. Mostly they are used for plugs, and extra wire.

Isn't it possible to just unclip the wire bundles and run them to the opposite side? Or is there not enough length? Man this will suck big time if I have to run splices from every wire in every clip.

No, you can't just flip it around, some wires will be too short, some will be too long.

So, in terms of this wiring situation, do most of you guys just buy usdm motors for your swap to avoid this hassle? Or is this extending the wires thing just a regular part of a swap? There's a lot of freakin wires to extend on that engine! I've got a Hasport wiring harness kit, but is that enough to avoid all this? Lastly, is there an alternative to extending the wires, and is there a visual instruction guide to this somewhere that I can look at as far as how the heck to do it? :eek:

Most people use the harness that is in their car, and modify it to work if needed.

so in other words, I can strip the harness off my D15B7 and just add the extra wires for the VTEC solenoid, pressure sensor, etc. and I'll be good?

Back