job gone bad

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92b20mao

I recently had a valve job done by a shop and i think they f up some how.
My b16 head with a stock b20z bottom end snap the valve and dropped in the chamber. They replaced all the valve train parts w/ crower parts and ferrea valves and all seat springs and retainers. Some how after two - three weeks later the 1st cyl dropped(snapped). Then when i took it to a shop they said the intake valves were hitting the pistons. Does anyone think that the 1st shop f up putting the parts in wrong.
By the way they put the whole motor together

ummm yes if they asjusted them wrong...

no if you messed up the timing in some way after the job was done.. E.I. advacne or retard.

maybe you should ask them if it was there fault

If I am not mistaken there is a way to check to see if the valves actually hit the pistons. Doesn't the B20z have valve reliefs in the wrong place, e.g. hitting the valve if head is milled, thinner headgasket, more aggressive cams or advanced stock cams.

Milan

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Jul 21 2003, 05:40 PM
ummm yes if they asjusted them wrong...

no if you messed up the timing in some way after the job was done.. E.I. advacne or retard.

maybe you should ask them if it was there fault

no did not adjusted ant thing on the motor just brought it back anjust installed in the car.
I can not prove that they screwed it it and they said that since it was a race motor then it not their respondability to warrenty the work. BS

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jul 21 2003, 06:14 PM
If I am not mistaken there is a way to check to see if the valves actually hit the pistons. Doesn't the B20z have valve reliefs in the wrong place, e.g. hitting the valve if head is milled, thinner headgasket, more aggressive cams or advanced stock cams.

Milan

just the stock crower cams. (63400), not milled, stock cam gears,
NA on the valve relief. did not check the timing when i put it in the car

Back