JRSC b20vtec integra... finally made a thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

we were watching the a/f ratio the whole time and my tuner has all the information on his computer. it pretty much stayed the same throughout the pulls, even during and after the 6.5k miss. thinking that the wideband isnt fast enough to do anything about it.

The wideband should be more than fast enough to catch a change in A:F If its not it needs to be calibrated. When there is a miss your fuel to air should be really fat because there is no combustion going on. Especially when it hangs from 6.5k to 8k.

try using a buddy's dizzy see if that helps. if it doesn't then your problems are somewhere else.

yeah got to poking around i think i may have found the problem. i sure hope so, because its lot cheaper than a new dizzy!

just now, i was poking around and saw that the battery lug on the neg. side was cracked all the way through. i touched it, and it is super loose, like just resting there. who knows how long it has been like that and i didnt notice. at a glance it looks fine. ill be getting a new neg cable ASAP... keeping my fingers crossed that this was the whole problem!

dose your tach jump?

GEDC0167-1.jpg

GEDC0168-2.jpg

little update....

decided to get a new cap, rotor, plugs before i got crazy replacing my whole distributor, and it seems to have cleared the problem up. i need to get it on the hwy and do a 4th gear pull to be sure (it was only breaking up under high load). i could usually feel it in third gear and now i dont... but i want to be sure before i make another dyno appt.

Went to the NSCRA event last sunday at PBIR, and there was also a FloridaHondaCrew.com meet inside (i am a member). It was nice being able to pay spectator fee and be able to come inside and park right next to the track. Unfortunately, the day got rained out early. Heres a couple pics, and one of the new valve cover i got from a guy out there. Will be modding the vc soon.

nscra4-11-10001.jpg

nscra4-11-10002.jpg

nscra4-11-10003.jpg

valvecover003.jpg

LOL he must have meant the other way around. which would look better i agree, but hey i bought the valve cover like this.

Yea, I knew what you meant, but what can I say, Im an asshole. I agree though. You should at least polish the
__
\H/

AHH! The drop dead gorgeous Teggy :crazyeyes:, is that the valve cover you bought while at the FHC meet? Looks real nice.

I had a HondaSwap account for a long time now, but I tried to log in recently and I completely forgot everything. I usually keep track off all my log in info but I failed miserably for this one lol. :rant:So I had no choice but to make a new account.

And yes it's me with the 93 del Sol Si :)

thanks reanord! ^

no good updates for the teg... still havent gotten it running right, now have a new problem https://hondaswap.com/general-tech-maintenance/batt-voltage-dropping-high-rpms-502409/#post1635417

i really want to get back on the track and have some fun with this car. i live too close to a nice 1/4 mile track to not be using it! once its running right it will be going on race gas and nitrous. i want 11s on drag radials in a heavy ass DC2 :ph34r:

heres a few updated pics....

got bored and switched up the wheels once again, this time for some 16" C8s. also cleaned up the engine bay a little. i think my teg is really enjoying living its new carpeted, air-conditioned garage :)

teg8-10-10009.jpg

teg8-10-10006.jpg

teg8-10-10007.jpg

teg8-10-10011.jpg

also, recently installed a new alternator and a grounding kit to replace all my 15 year old crusty grounds. i have a new distributor coming in the mail right now too. hopefully a good update will be coming soon.

heres some better pictures of my integra with the new wheels

teggoldc8s003.jpg

teggoldc8s006.jpg

teggoldc8s008.jpg

teggoldc8s010.jpg

teggoldc8s011.jpg

Hey how did u make it the super charger, on this setup i have an integra and have a b16 head with b20 block but the supercharger pulley hits the brake booster on the car, did yours just fit like that what did u modify.

Hopefully you respond

Back