JRSC Install Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
Brand new kit going on a D16Y8.
First, here's a huge reference picture I took: PICTURE.
Above the J of Jackson is a brass plug and two threaded areas. I've learned from some research that the middle thread is for the Boost Pressure sensor. Are the other two outside threads used for anything?
On the right side is two nipples and a block off plate. I read this block off plate can be removed on 92-95's so directly mount the T/A sensor, but for me I leave it blocked off and use the T/A sensor in the intake. Is this correct?
Two main problems right now: How do I remove the crankshaft pulley? I have an impact wrench on it and it won't budge.
When and how do I install the extra idler pulleys that are supposed ot the alternator? I'm assuming the JRSC IM/SC has to be removed for that. But how does it mount? The JR instructions are completely lacking in this area.
This is a H-T thread I just found and am using for reference: http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1283655
More questions tomorrow when I get more pictures.

Originally posted by Prowler@Sep 5 2005, 11:51 AM
I knew no one here knows jack about superchargers....
[post=549773]Quoted post[/post]​

You're the only person on hondaswap that I know of that bought a JRSC for the D series.

Sorry man.

Nah, it wasn't a burn towards people here. It's just uncommon to fix up a D series on a Swap forum, especially a supercharger of all ways to boost.
D-Series.org, and *shock* Honda-Tech, were both very helpful. The JRSC install instructions are the worst EVER intructions I've ever used. I'm so glad I found a walkthrough on H-T. Otherwise I would've been screwed on getting the car done today (I go back to work tomorrow).

Originally posted by Prowler@Sep 5 2005, 08:29 PM
Nah, it wasn't a burn towards people here. It's just uncommon to fix up a D series on a Swap forum, especially a supercharger of all ways to boost.
D-Series.org, and *shock* Honda-Tech, were both very helpful. The JRSC install instructions are the worst EVER intructions I've ever used. I'm so glad I found a walkthrough on H-T. Otherwise I would've been screwed on getting the car done today (I go back to work tomorrow).
[post=549888]Quoted post[/post]​

How do you like it?
Ive been thinking about saving up for the kit from hasport.

It's decent. The 1st and 2nd gear pulls are crazy. And even though it's a supercharger, there still is next to no power until 4k rpm's. But overall, for a little over $2000 for everything new, and 20 hours of wrench time, it was worth it. The whine of the supercharger gives me the biggest smile while driving.
The car definately feels at least 2 seconds quicker in the 0-60 area. And I have a LOT more pull in 3rd and 4th gear than I ever had before. Highway driving should be funner. And overall daily driving is going to be good, too. That's what I bought it for. More fun with driving in town, and I feel a supercharger does that job better and cheaper than a turbocharger.

Did you get it tuned? Or did you just install, start it up and take it out to see how it felt?

The lack of power below 4 grand may be due to needing some dyno tuning time.

:withstupid:

you might not have the right air fuel mix that low for a supercharger. Get a chipped (crome/hondata/uberdata) ecu and have it tuned, see if that makes a difference.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 5 2005, 09:54 PM-->
next mods:
kamikazie header
3" cat back.
[post=550020]Quoted post[/post]​

I actually read that on 92-95's, the Stillen header is about the best thing to have. Weird, huh?
My exhaust is a 2.5" Greddy PE that I recently got from Ezra. Don't think I'll need to upgrade that soon. Mainly because no one here in town could make a decent 3" piping setup. Plus my high flow cat will restrict down to 2.5" anyways...
Originally posted by 2000Si@Sep 5 2005, 09:54 PM
Did you get it tuned? Or did you just install, start it up and take it out to see how it felt?

The lack of power below 4 grand may be due to needing some dyno tuning time.
[post=550021]Quoted post[/post]​

Not tuned yet :(

reikoshea
@Sep 5 2005, 10:21 PM
:withstupid:

you might not have the right air fuel mix that low for a supercharger. Get a chipped (crome/hondata/uberdata) ecu and have it tuned, see if that makes a difference.
[post=550039]Quoted post[/post]​

I would love to do that, but I have no idea where the closest area to get my car tuned is at. One thing that sucks about MT...

MT...montreal?

I thought there were a lot of honda/import tune shops up there. I know ive heard people saying that they had a lot of shops anyway.

Would anyone trust phearable.net to make a P28 ecu for me with a proper basemap loaged that'll work with my setup? I'd love to knock off my governor, lower vtec engagement, datalog, and kill my second o2 sensor.

Originally posted by Prowler@Sep 6 2005, 07:33 PM
Would anyone trust phearable.net to make a P28 ecu for me with a proper basemap loaged that'll work with my setup? I'd love to knock off my governor, lower vtec engagement, datalog, and kill my second o2 sensor.
[post=550371]Quoted post[/post]​

Why don't you just have B make a basemap? what does he charge like 30 bucks?

First off, I dont have a p28. Plus they sell the chip with sockets and whatever basemap you want for $175 shipped.

Originally posted by Prowler@Sep 6 2005, 07:38 PM
First off, I dont have a p28. Plus they sell the chip with sockets and whatever basemap you want for $175 shipped.
[post=550377]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok... so you buy a virgin P28 from someone on here for 100... and then have B chip it for 35... 135 is > 175 now? Just making a suggestion. :unsure:

Back