Just An Idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

can u decrease the stroke on a h22 to 83mm instead of 90mm.

22crazy

i no its wouldnt be a 2.2 anymore...it would be a 2.0 i think...but this would help the raise the rev limit wouldnt it?

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
Originally posted by 22crazy@Feb 3 2003, 02:13 PM
i no its wouldnt be a 2.2 anymore...it would be a 2.0 i think...but this would help the raise the rev limit wouldnt it?

It would make the bottom end more rev friendly, but why? You lose a significant amount of torque. To raise the rev limit on that particular engine you would have to make sure your valve train could handle the revs you wanted.

saturn_boy96

88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R
not only that but in all reality unless you want to go for like 8 bar of boost why whould you want to decrease the displacement on an H22? my roommate drives a sweet 99 prelude sh and that thing has so much torque stock. it was be casue of his car that i am doing my ls swap into my civic.

Once i get around 160 lb/ft of torque his lude is my lunch!!!!

K2e2vin

I think itll be better if you keep the stroke the same, unless you are gonna spend more on a new valvetrain.

K2e2vin

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Feb 3 2003, 04:20 PM
not only that but in all reality unless you want to go for like 8 bar of boost why whould you want to decrease the displacement on an H22? my roommate drives a sweet 99 prelude sh and that thing has so much torque stock. it was be casue of his car that i am doing my ls swap into my civic.

Once i get around 160 lb/ft of torque his lude is my lunch!!!!

you can decrease the stroke for revs. JAS Engineering's H22a's are atually destroked to 2.0L and make 300hp NA.

22crazy

since the f series is like the h series....can u put an s2000 crank into an h22? both motors have the same bore.

22crazy

oh ok...it was just an idea to destroke a h22, thanx 4 the info tho