Just An Idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

can u decrease the stroke on a h22 to 83mm instead of 90mm.

i no its wouldnt be a 2.2 anymore...it would be a 2.0 i think...but this would help the raise the rev limit wouldnt it?

Originally posted by 22crazy@Feb 3 2003, 02:13 PM
i no its wouldnt be a 2.2 anymore...it would be a 2.0 i think...but this would help the raise the rev limit wouldnt it?

It would make the bottom end more rev friendly, but why? You lose a significant amount of torque. To raise the rev limit on that particular engine you would have to make sure your valve train could handle the revs you wanted.

not only that but in all reality unless you want to go for like 8 bar of boost why whould you want to decrease the displacement on an H22? my roommate drives a sweet 99 prelude sh and that thing has so much torque stock. it was be casue of his car that i am doing my ls swap into my civic.

Once i get around 160 lb/ft of torque his lude is my lunch!!!!

I think itll be better if you keep the stroke the same, unless you are gonna spend more on a new valvetrain.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Feb 3 2003, 04:20 PM
not only that but in all reality unless you want to go for like 8 bar of boost why whould you want to decrease the displacement on an H22? my roommate drives a sweet 99 prelude sh and that thing has so much torque stock. it was be casue of his car that i am doing my ls swap into my civic.

Once i get around 160 lb/ft of torque his lude is my lunch!!!!

you can decrease the stroke for revs. JAS Engineering's H22a's are atually destroked to 2.0L and make 300hp NA.

since the f series is like the h series....can u put an s2000 crank into an h22? both motors have the same bore.

oh ok...it was just an idea to destroke a h22, thanx 4 the info tho

Back