Just For Fun...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lilthom

Ok heres the deal my girlfriend and i both have 5gen civic dx,and we are getting a lot of money soon. So since i have two to mess with, do you guys think i should i go ahead and swap both out or just one and see what i can get out of one of the d15? This is just a thought or maybe i should do a swap and turbo at the same time on one and leave the other alone....choices choices....as of right now im leanin twords doin 2 swaps.The main question is:is the d15 really worth boosting. thanx

no the D15 is not really worth boosting, it is really expensive to boost a D series...If i were you i would take that lump sum of cash and build up your own car, start with a motor swap, and keep going and build that motor up.
just my 2 cents.
Peace

how about you just build one car.... so you can have the other one be reliable.... all most girls care about anyways is body kits and rims.

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 24 2003, 01:15 AM
how about you just build one car.... so you can have the other one be reliable.... all most girls care about anyways is body kits and rims.

yeah ive been tryin to talk her into just doin one car hoping i could do mine but shes stuck on an engine swap for her car.

Swap them both straight ITR or B16B.

Get some decent rims and suspension, and call them both done. :)

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 24 2003, 06:05 PM
give her the mini me and tell her to shut the fuck up..... and by mini me i meant the swap

:lol: hahahahaha

what the fuck is up with you saying b18c5 and b16b um normal every day tuners dont just throw those in there cars why the fuck are you obsessing on type r engines why dont you tell him to throw a k20a in there or a s2000 drivetrain shut up with your stupid comments he asked what he should not what is the best and most expensive engine to put into a car.

im a normal everyday tuner and i have an ITR engine going into my car.... the ITR / CTR engines are the best engines to go NA with... end of story...
people try to say if started with a lesser engine and put the money you save into performance parts you will have a faster setup ... this might be true, but you can still do all of those mods to the type R engines and still be kicking the lesser engine's ass.... so even from a budget stand point it still makes sence to start with the better engine ... then any mods you do will put you that much further ahead of the NA B18C1's or B16A's

yeah if drag only, no auto x or anything of that sore....but isn't it not as streetable meaning hella understeer on h22a?

the H22 is very streetable (for normal driving)... it just sucks ass for hard turning (autoX, road course, carving through twistie roads) if you plan to primarily use it for drag racing, or highway racing... then by all means get the H22.... for those of us who dont live our lives a 1/4 mile at a time the H22 is one of the worst possible choices

Back