Just switched to T-Mobile from Verizon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ive only read the first post...

Im sorry for you. Im getting ready to make the opposite switch.

Customer service over the phone is decent. Not bad really. At the store, fuckin stupid. In all fairness, I expect that when dealing with "sales associates" of that level. Theyre just pushin for commission. They dont know how, or care to really help. Service is shitty. Of the ppl Im around regularly, Im the one with service issues. Also, the data connectivity is lame. A lot of freezing. Ill take the phone outta my pocket after hours of being idle, and it wont load anything that requires data. Not so much freezing mid task tho. Every now and again my phone will revert to edge too. No idea why. Itll do it with full service, and in places where I usually have 4G. When it does that, its worthless. I have to put it away and wait for 4G to come back. Also, a lot of not being able to send txts, or make calls. It just wont connect. Good service and all. Usually some kind of hassle with using my phone.

However, the bill seems to be on par for what I have. So, thats good. I guess.

Been with t mobile since probably 02. Never had a problem with service at all. Most of this area is LTE so the speeds are great. I imagine it depends where you live.

Newb your issues sound IMO phone related not service related.

As far as CS you didn't read my post but IMO they kill verizon when it comes to dealing with them.

ive had the data freeze up on me a few times. more when i had my old phone. only once or twice with the s5, i honestly think its something they do when your phone is old and they want you to upgrade. but who knows. never enough to make me want to bail though.

When I was with Verizon I had issues with data as with issues with other things they caused me to have to do a battery pulls. Wife had the same issues with her phone. Never once did I think Verizon was behind it. Then again we were out of contract... Still don't buy it being Verizon's fault lol

I got an 6 month early upgrade price from Verizon due to extenuating circumstances. I had to go a ways up the food chain though. It was a hassle but I have a new S5 though for the upgrade price and I love it.

Customer service over the phone is decent. Not bad really. At the store, fuckin stupid. In all fairness, I expect that when dealing with "sales associates" of that level. Theyre just pushin for commission. They dont know how, or care to really help. Service is shitty. Of the ppl Im around regularly, Im the one with service issues. Also, the data connectivity is lame. A lot of freezing. Ill take the phone outta my pocket after hours of being idle, and it wont load anything that requires data. Not so much freezing mid task tho. Every now and again my phone will revert to edge too. No idea why. Itll do it with full service, and in places where I usually have 4G. When it does that, its worthless. I have to put it away and wait for 4G to come back. Also, a lot of not being able to send txts, or make calls. It just wont connect. Good service and all. Usually some kind of hassle with using my phone.

Good to know man. I spend a lot of time in your neck of the woods and this is what I was looking for. Is it worth saving some $$$$.

ATT so far has been real real good in your neck of the woods. Good enough where the gf will borrow my phone to look something up over her verizon iphone 5s.

Newb your issues sound IMO phone related not service related.

As far as CS you didn't read my post but IMO they kill verizon when it comes to dealing with them.

Well, this is my second GS3 with them. I had to turn the first one back in for the same issues. I had that one for nearly a year before I had enough to take it back. Comin up on 2 years with this one. Just waitin for the contract to run out now.

Good to know man. I spend a lot of time in your neck of the woods and this is what I was looking for. Is it worth saving some $$$$.

ATT so far has been real real good in your neck of the woods. Good enough where the gf will borrow my phone to look something up over her verizon iphone 5s.

A friend has ATT, he likes it. Still has some dead spots, but not enough that he complains about it.

-Ditto. Ive had Tmobile since 2001. Has been a really great company to deal with in terms CS, but there was a reason why the BM stores closed and are starting to re-open. I have yet to meet a sales associate that knew anything about something. Mixed bag with ATT and Verizon.

If Tmobile had better reception at the places we are currently located (San Bernardino/Palm Springs areas) id stick with them. But getting pretty tired of crap-static reception.

I stuck with them for so long because I pay $90 for two lines of "unlimited 4g" that was grandfathered in, i think we got dumped to 4gb now, and unlimited text and 500 mins of talk. we almost never used our talk time before, but now being a grown up in grad school, almost on my phone constantly so now i noticed the horrid reception.

Back