Justice Rehinquist passed away

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

He's going to be replaced with a conservative as he was. ITs simple enough...

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Sep 4 2005, 12:08 AM
[post=549364]Quoted post[/post]​

He was a middle of the road conservative. He certainly had his head on right and as a liberal, I respected the man.

Talk about a hell of a surprise.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Sep 4 2005, 12:08 AM
[post=549364]Quoted post[/post]​

Considering he was head justice and held the court together, its not that simple. He made the court organized and orderly, he didn't allow any bickering or interrupting when each supreme court judge spoke his peace. He set up a system of rank that provided the order by which judges would give their arguments infront of one another. It made the process more organized and civilized.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 4 2005, 01:16 AM
canada looks better every day...

America:
1776 - 2006
[post=549386]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: :lol:
I'll go half on the rent with you B.

Rehnquist and Justice Byron White were the only dissenters in the landmark Roe v. Wade case (1973), which established that a woman's right to an abortion was protected under a woman's right to privacy.

So, he voted pro-life? No big loss if so. Also, being one of teh five judges that stopped the recount and handed Bush teh election, I wouldn't think this would be posted by Sabz. And his halt on a "gun free zone" would make more than a couple liberals pissy.

Back