Keeping It Simple

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey,

I am swapping in a 91 si engine into my 88 DX... Is there anything I should know about this swap before I perform it.... besides the difference in ECU, wiring, injector box... etc... I know its simple, but its still an upgrade from a DX.. I know that the DX tranny has 21 splines compared to the Si's 20, but besides that, if I just pull the whole DX engine and tranny, and put in the Si's are there ANY... and i stress ANY other complications associated with this swap? :blink:

Actually,

I have the Si wiring harness as well.... Actually, the whole car... The Si was drivin under a transport, and the body is toast, but the engine and tranny are still good.. What I wanted to do was just pull everything out, and transplant it into the DX

It IS simple to do the wiring, there are not a lot of wires to add. It would be easier to just add the wires and modify your DX harness than use the Si one and rewire the car.

I have a DPFI (all the wiring you need to change) how to on my site.

:withstupid: :werd: He is right. The mpfi swap is pretty easy. You would have to swtich the engine and interior wiring harness for the si one to work. Do you want to do all that work?

the spline difference is 23 and 26 but other than that i would modifi the dx harness .

Can I use the Si tranny as well instead of the DX? And just put the whole Engine and tranny in together? And just use the Si axles instead of the DX ones? :blink:

you need si spindles they are not the same as the dx as far as i know so you would need to use the two diffrent axels to build a custom setup

Are you guys sure about the Spline counts I know the 89 DX is the same as Si, I thought only the STD Civics had a different spline count.

I am little confused...

What I plan on doing, is taking everything out from the under the hood of the DX..... axles, engine, tranny...everything....

replace it with the Si's ......

I thought the only problem I had was with the wiring harness??? :blink:

count the splines on the dx and si spindles if they math ok your good to go
if not you need to build axels

Back