knocking noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97gsr

Ok this is odd....When accelerating at RPM's above 4000 my 97 gsr makes a barely noticeable knocking sound, and a more noticable pulsation in the gas pedal. This only happens maybe half the time and only when the engine is warm. Any suggestions on what could be wrong?....thanks.

:blink: Sounds like to me the rods are knockin, LOL! Naw i don't know whats wrong, i suggest to go get it checked! and by the way turbocharge that $H*T and throw in some other mods!

Originally posted by 97gsr@Jan 1 2003, 11:15 PM
Ok this is odd....When accelerating at RPM's above 4000 my 97 gsr makes a barely noticeable knocking sound, and a more noticable pulsation in the gas pedal. This only happens maybe half the time and only when the engine is warm. Any suggestions on what could be wrong?....thanks.

Might be cheap gas.

If it happens when you rev the engine while you are in netural then it is the bottom end. If it only occurs while under a load, then the engine is running lean or to low a octane gas is being used.

Back