Leak from a new trans??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRonDUBS

I just put a clutch and trans in my civic and it started leaking after like 100 miles? its leaking next to the flywheel or maybe the axle...... Im stumped. It isn't really losing gearbox oil but the under neath of my car looks covered in it. It doesn't leak when i park somewhere. But after driving a little ways you can see gearbox fluid on the bottom of my car and a drip coming off the trans not dripping but a drip hanging on the bottom of the trans. I check it often and i don't lose much, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. i don't want to rip the trans apart because i have to drive it every day and i don't have anytime with my college crap lately.

Its a new ex trans on a d15b7.

Does anybody have any ideas

Inspect the transmission for cracks, also check the seals and check to see if the drain bolt for the tranny is tightened properly.....by any chance did you put too much transmission fluid in the the tranny?

I have looked for cracks and I am almost positive that isn't the problem , also i have changed the original fluid, and put in synthetic gear oil. Oh yeah the bolt is tight as well you can wipe the bolt off and drive around and nothing will bwe on the bolt . I have had a friend look at it at a garage and he told me i was worring like an old lady. My car didn't leak before the new trans.I think I'm gonna order seals thanks for the help . I think it might be coming from next to the fly wheel housing or out of the flywheel housing? is this non-repairable.

Could you have possibly nicked an axle seal? They are easy to tear or otherwise damage when putting the axle into the tranny if you are not careful.

I don't know i've been searching my friends getting me up on his lift at work real; soon so i can check it out soon. I think it might be a blown main seal>

Originally posted by nfn15037@Mar 24 2004, 06:14 PM
Could you have possibly nicked an axle seal? They are easy to tear or otherwise damage when putting the axle into the tranny if you are not careful.

thats what i'm thinking... i did the same thing last time i did my clutch. easy to pull out and check if they are ok.

Back