Lexus IS F--wow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
Was getting gas this moring and saw the new Lexus IS F. I am not a fan of lexus at all, but this was one sexy car. I love the slanted verticle exhaust design. Went to the Lexus sight to research more. Quite a lil car. 416hp 371 lb-ft/tq. 8 Speed Auto Tranny with Paddle shifters. To bad its not AWD for that price of 57k base

g_is-f_ext9.jpg

guy i just said i LIKED the IS-F

i like lots of newer cars... mostly non-american ones :lol:
haha, i read it that you prefer the is/altezza.

anyways, most people on here hate anything newer than 2000. i.e. gt-r, 370z, new m3. if you're not obd-1, you're wrong. ^_^

you're high.

do you like anything new?

this car kicks ass. for the cost, you get luxury, performance, and reliability of toyota. it's in the same class as the M3 for a LOT less money.

ok, maybe not the whole thing.
fenders, side skirt, and side of rear bumper very impreza sti.
front, hood, headlights, and c pillar very mazda 6.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=mazda%206&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
sti
http://images.google.com/images?q=09+subaru+wrx+sti&um=1&hl=en&sa=2

and i am one of those that usually prefer the old. some cool stuff thats newer, but many ugly ones and good turned bad. love the 80s.
imprezza got ugly. bmws got ugly (bangle). lovin' the new american muscle. civic got ugly. accord got ugly. new ~supra ugly. Z cars turned ugly w/ 350. 929 got ugly. 240sx got ugly. 2nd gen crx not as stylin/aggressive looking as 1st gen crx. mr2 got ugly. focus uglier. camaro uglier. lancer got ugly. eclipse turned ugly, 200sx turned ugly. even most lower-end 911's look worse. integra looks went down (headlights). golf and jetta turned ugly. corolla got ugly. crv got ugly. maxima got ugly.
just my opinion. no offense all.

Last edited:
I kinda like the fact its a sporty looking 4 door.

nice car though, I dont remember where but I was reading up on these "F" Lexus's somewhere. their a nice breed of the IS

my best bud just got a new Is about a week ago, that thing is nice but its all luxury i like the 1g better

and i am one of those that usually prefer the old. some cool stuff thats newer, but many ugly ones and good turned bad. love the 80s.
imprezza got ugly. bmws got ugly (bangle). lovin' the new american muscle. civic got ugly. accord got ugly. new ~supra ugly. Z cars turned ugly w/ 350. 929 got ugly. 240sx got ugly. 2nd gen crx not as stylin/aggressive looking as 1st gen crx. mr2 got ugly. focus uglier. camaro uglier. lancer got ugly. eclipse turned ugly, 200sx turned ugly. even most lower-end 911's look worse. integra looks went down (headlights)
just my opinion. no offense all.

I disagree completely. The 80's accords were hideous. They got better looking with age. I will agree with civic's, they looked better in early 90's. All BMW's, Z's, porsche, got better looking as time went on. Yes I appreciate a boxy 2002, but sitting next to a m6, I can't disagree more.

At that, my step mom's boss has one of these.I've heard it start up and its pure sex.

the new IS is bad ass... and you guys all know you would rock the shit outta that IS-F if someone gave it to you. i like the older ones too, i almost bought one a couple years ago, but got a maxima instead. im thinking the fiancees next car may be a IS of some sort

I disagree completely. The 80's accords were hideous. They got better looking with age. I will agree with civic's, they looked better in early 90's. All BMW's, Z's, porsche, got better looking as time went on. Yes I appreciate a boxy 2002, but sitting next to a m6, I can't disagree more.

At that, my step mom's boss has one of these.I've heard it start up and its pure sex.
late 80's sedan lxi wasn't bad. i was thinking 4th gen (to 93)or maybe even 5th gen (to 97) was accord pinnacle. now the new ones go for the 4th gen look. new accord has bmw sides (crease), altima/nissan rear, and i forget who's front.
96+ civ bad, not aggressive.
wow, bangle w/ bmw longer than i thought. i like bmw til maybe 05.
i think z's peaked w/ 240z, then z31 300zx (z30 can be nice), and now 370>350 but still no z31 300z.
porsche barely changes, subtle stuff for the 911s.
3700 lbs...what a fatty
monster engine tho
the last IS was hard to get into the front seat, weird contortionist hard.

Last edited:
Back