Looking for a new engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Jul 17 2005, 08:31 PM
yea build a d series and then boost it and it will put down 200 hp

wtf is wrong with you people yea lets wast money, buy a b series and have almost the same hp and have endless tuning capablity.

d series+boost= tuned and slow
b series= tuning plat form.
[post=527705]Quoted post[/post]​

gallery_18454_370_12802.jpg

Right, and you're operating at the motors limit, and a lot more likely to have problems, also if you decide you want to get serious, you are pretty close to maxing the D's power without a serious rebuild. Or, you pay a little more and get B16A or GSR, and down the line boost that, then you're easily turning more than a D without even having to crack open the block. So yea, immediate budget, sure boost your D, then replace every couple years when you push it too hard, or get a stronger starting platform to begin with, and consider it an investment, either way, it comes down to personal choice.

You continued pressing of an inferior motor makes me want to say...

FUCK D SERIES. sorry, but they suck boosted or not. Like I said there's more to a budget than "well this is cheaper hehe" Cheap doesn't mean shit if it can't be backed up by reliability, and no matter how you cut it, a B is a better, more reliable platform when modding and expecting it to last. I can not count how many D series I have seen with holes right through the blocks, shit, I know one kid has gone through a couple himself. My old CRX is pushing on motor number three, no budget there, is there?

And you know what? This isn't even an issue, let me quote all the poster of this threads post....

im looking for a new engine, mainly a b16.

got any links for a b series?

yea im basically lookin for the best b16 for the money.......

which b16s on hmotors will fit my car (im new to swapping)

i would love a gsr b18 but they're a little over my budget...this one is lookin mighty fine atm....this should fit my 95 dx hatch...right??

That's it, ALL of his post in this thread, nowhere in there does it says D series, and I think you're confusing what he meant when he said budget in relation to the last post. Move on.

i love people that say what im thinking before i get to say it. I love the B16 and H22 mostest....(H23 and i have some problems cause of the piston it shot through my radiator....grrrrrr). People are gonna knock the b16 cause it doesnt have torque, but i really dont care. If you are gonna be putting it in a Civic, your only gonna need about 120 ft/lbs. Low torque numbers mean low wheel spin. Turbo + B16 = fun times. Im loving most of the hatches i see out here with B16s. While you cant run with the big boys on the highway, its definitely got some wow factor at stop lights...especially if its tuned right. Id say go with the SIR-II and have some fun. If you have anyone who knows about rebuilding engines, id have them around though. Its only fun until your hood flys open and you see a piston shoot into the air.

i chirp 2nd hard in my sir2, and thats in a heavy ass DA. so who says b16's cant chirp 2nd. and if i had the money i would have got the b18c1, but it was 2 pricey. and with my DA i beat on dc2's with the same mods all day long. so in the end both motors are great. i think if i had the chance to do it again and the money to buy the b18c1 i would still buy the b16 and put that extra money into cams, and deffinetly have more power then the stock b18c1 would have given me.

Originally posted by adnoh@Jul 15 2005, 11:57 AM
B16A SiRII
Disp. 1595cc
HP 170@7600
TQ 116@7000
Comp 10.4:1

B18C1 GSR
Disp. 1797
HP 170@7600
TQ 128@6200
Comp 10.0:1

Every power quote I've ever seen regarding the C1 has said 180 hp, not 170, and at 8500rpm, not 7600. Not that 10 hp is that big a deal, but it is a difference worth noting. Oh, and the compression ratio you listed is way low too. It's usually listed as 10.6 to 1 or something very close. Lemme dig up some linkage.

Engine Specs B16A

B18C1

Dyno Graph of B18C1

BTW, I think the guy who said that the GSR puts to the wheels what the B16 puts to the flywheel is thinking of the D16 maybe? The one that only made 130hp or whatever. Either that or he got ahold of some really good crack.

He quoted the specs for the US B18C1, the JDM one has .6 higher compression, and is rated at 180 ps.

Get's my vote for worst thread ever. <_<

Who really fucking cares? Is the guy who started this thread even around anymore?

Blanco is right in some respects.
So is 92vxb16 and the other filthy b16 lovers. :p
It's all just a matter of opinion, so let's just shut the fuck up and drop the whole B16 vs B18c1 argument cause it will be 40 pages long soon with nothing accomplished.

This is teh hottness btw -
b16ag2_car.jpg

:roll:

Back