Looking for some music manipulation software....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

E-dogg

Hey guys!! I am pretty sure someone will be able to help me with this question. Jeffie and I think Blanco?? do things with music but I didn't see them on so....

I am looking for some software so that I can try and start making beats, tracks.... whatever you want to call it. What is important to me is that I be able to put in a CD that already exists, lets take a Dr Dre cd for example, and be able to take a track off the cd and break it apart. Like maybe, take away the lyrics, and take away a couple different instruments. Also, I would like the software to be able to synthesize instruments. If anyone has any suggestions I would REALLY appreciate it. If I get some advice I'll pick the software up tonight. Thanks!!

This post belongs in our Computers, Games, Electronics etc Forum. Please look for your post there.

:moved:

Thanks,

The Moderating Team

without the multi-track recording, this cannot be done.

you can't "strip" a track for a single-track recording. you'd need the DAT's.

Hey Sol!! Thanks for the response.

There has to be a program that can do it..... I say this because Kanye West talks about doing it when he came up with his style. On his CD he claims he was listening to Chronic 2000 and "bit" the drums off of Xplosive, put them on a different sped up track and "Thats how my whole style started." Thats also the reason I used Dre's cd in my example, first thing that came to mind. So I suppose he may have been able to simply listen to the track and manually recreate the drums with a synth program, but it seems to me that someone would have made a program to allow you to break songs apart. Kinda how Karaoke machines take away the lyrics?? I don't know though.... I'm a newbie, obviously, at this.

I don't know of any program available commercially that can parse out tracks into different streams...

Originally posted by E-dogg@Sep 2 2005, 03:27 PM
Hey Sol!! Thanks for the response.

There has to be a program that can do it..... I say this because Kanye West talks about doing it when he came up with his style. On his CD he claims he was listening to Chronic 2000 and "bit" the drums off of Xplosive, put them on a different sped up track and "Thats how my whole style started." Thats also the reason I used Dre's cd in my example, first thing that came to mind. So I suppose he may have been able to simply listen to the track and manually recreate the drums with a synth program, but it seems to me that someone would have made a program to allow you to break songs apart. Kinda how Karaoke machines take away the lyrics?? I don't know though.... I'm a newbie, obviously, at this.
[post=548893]Quoted post[/post]​

He could've sampled the drums from a part of the song that didn't have lyrics over it, or re-tracked the drums himself with a drum machine, and just used the same beat.

You can't break a song down track-by-track after it's been converted to stereo. Period.

And B, there are other methods of recording than DAT's these days...ProTools, InTrack, Samplitude...

DAT's are soooo 2001.

Our studio here still uses DAT's...lol....

Back