Loud/Fast, or just chill?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SaMMaE01

I know no one really cares and this is mainly up to my personal preference, but i have a B16 turbo crx, its a brand new build up, low comp pistions,rods,bearings you know the usual in the block, B18c1 head with spoon valvetrain,PnP,itr cams, B17 tranny with Cusco lsd that just a a fresh rebuild with a replaced 3rd, and ls 5th.

turbo kit is custom. garrett t4/t4 .61, spoolin performance equal lenth mani and downpipe, JRC intercooler, Turbo XS rfl bov, Tial Wastegate, Rc 440 Injectors, Walbro 255. ah you know the normal stuff, but I'm honestly 50/50 on finish building is and driving it.

I've been offerd a dc2 for it, as in the parts , motor,tranny,block turbo kit, car not running, for a running, completely stock Dc2. clean with no dents and everything running, do it?

yea Stupid thread, yea go ahead and flame,*sigh*....

Well like you already stated its up to you. Unless the car you are being offred is somthing you really really want then I wouldnt trade it. It seems like you would be taking all of that time and money and just giving it away basicly for a bone stock car. But if you have some deep ass pockets and dont give a shit ill trade you my mainly stock CRX for yours :mrgreen:

thats what im saying.... turbo car and daily turbo car? it dont really blance to me. so thats what im thinking sell the car up and running for $$ or just trade for a dc2 and some extra cash, or part out everything as it sits,I honestly waited a long time for all these parts and the build up, the tranny was the last thing i waited on, and I just got it back. Ive been upgrading this build forever, started out as a sohc turbo, then just a dohc, then dohc turbo, then building motor and head, then upgraded the turbo, then went from log to equal lenth mani, you guys know how it is. I hear what you guys are sayin about selling it for more money, but from what Ive seen in my area, clean dc2 go for 4-7k, And the feedback from my crx looks like I can only get somewhere around 4 or 5 for my crx,

Like pissedoffsol said.... i honesty think I want out, completely. quickest and eaziest way.

The only person that can tell you what's right for you is you.

If you're sure you want out, trade the fucker. You're getting a MK4 for christ sakes.

Lol, that what the o'l ball and chain told me, "your're gettin the car you always wanted, what are you gonna do with that?" *she points at the crx*

but what would be best? just trade it for a dc2 and get some cash, part it out for more money since everything is new never used(would take time), Get it running right, tune it, because everyone is anal about a modded car and if its modded it must run completely correct(also take time to find buyer)....

It's never done, dude.

Get neither if that's the case. Get the Supra, and get something real easy to own and cheap as hell. Something for the winter. Like a small truck or something.

this is why with my 4g63 build... im only doing it once. once this car is over as in either destroyed or... well destroyed - im finished with the modding game.

on another note, my forged wiseco 2.4 pistons, pauter rods, b/s removal kit, and bearings all came in the other day.

I don't know why you folks would give up with this. I mean you mostly have good results, and modding is still cheaper than buying with the power in the first place.

What's the matter ? I'll prolly mod till the day I die (Of course, I also said I would NEVER buy a 4 door)

After this, I think I'm ready to build cars from scratch, or from some good kits. Maybe Lotus 7 or something. Then planes, and ultimately - space ships. No. Star Ships.

what year is the car? miles? trim?

unless its like a mint 99/00 integra i wouldnt trade you could part your shit for alot more than a integra is worth.

Quoted post[/post]]
I don't know why you folks would give up with this. I mean you mostly have good results, and modding is still cheaper than buying with the power in the first place.

its just tiresome to save and save to build something and then start over. i guess im glad i stuck with the mirage. its been good to me, so ill never get rid of her no matter how pissed i get sometimes. i felt like giving up after i got hit.

the modding cycle never ends, and the cycle is very vicious at that, buy it,mod it, tune it, blow it, buy it, mod it tune it blow it...... well for me at least. I get a kick out of buying the car itself, deciding a route, looking for and purchasing parts, waiting for the damn parts to come in, making that fucker run correctly and tunning it, and of course, driving it! but honestly....I've grown very tired of it, I'm thinking of trading the dude for his gsr and get some pocket change, and maybe buy a jdm front end for it, unless anybody wants me to parts from it? lol anyone interested in a b17 tranny with a cusco Lsd ls 5th brand new lsd and tranny just rebuilt at local shop?????? lol.... yea i know i know... i'll go to the "for sale" forum for that stuff if i decided to

it's a GSR?

What are you waiting for?

Stock GSR + springs/shocks + wheels/tires + I/H/E = really nice daily driver.

hes offering you a GSR + cash?

how much cash and what year GSR. i personally would keep the car but whatever you decide to do make sure you dont get the shaft.

well heres the thing. #1 - 97 LS and a. I keep the turbo built block b.some pocket change on the side, like somewhere 1000? c. maybe recaros, or parts of a jdm front end,(hood bumper, headlights,) #2 96 Gsr and cash, like a grand. only option with the gsr.

Back