lower spark plug tube seal??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blakwolf9666

leaking oil into my sparkplug tube on my 92 civic and already changed vcg and grommets but still leaking into one of the tubes so was gonna change the seals under the rocker arms. my question is though can i just take the arms off and replace the seals and bolt it back on without having to mess with cam and worrying about tdc? only reason i ask is cause whoever had the car before me changed the cam gear so there are no marks and ive already had to take the car and have the timing done because of that.

Really? No responses yet? Wanted to know cause I've seen people do it with out setting tdc and others who do and car runs really bad with oil in the plug so need to get it taken care of.

Is it just one plug that is getting a leak?

As far as the markings go. I assume the timing is right on the car right now. Turn the engine over by hand and line up the lower marks. When they are right, make a mark on the cam gear where it "should be". Not an exact science, but it's what I would do.

I'm having the same problem right now. I'm pretty sure the leak was coming form the valve gasket, so I'm wondering if its really necessary to remove the rocker arm assembly? I'm only vaguely familiar with the torque sequence and I'm also not sure if I'd have to do anything with the cams, I don't even know how to get to the bolt on the crankshaft to rotate to TDC. Any help would be much appreciated?

I'm having the same problem right now. I'm pretty sure the leak was coming form the valve gasket, so I'm wondering if its really necessary to remove the rocker arm assembly? I'm only vaguely familiar with the torque sequence and I'm also not sure if I'd have to do anything with the cams, I don't even know how to get to the bolt on the crankshaft to rotate to TDC. Any help would be much appreciated?
Start your own thread and you will be assisted.

Back