Ls engine loosing major power!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18EJ1

i just swapped a 94 LS motor into my coupe... now the thing turns on but the problem is it idles around 1 1/2, idle is constantly goin up and down, when i go to take off the engine bogs out like if it wants to die down but then when i hold the gas pedal it gradually catches up and once it reaches about 3 1/2 - 4 thousand rpms the motor opens up to full power! the engine is a complete 94 LS with a B16 tranny! everything on the engine is OBD1 but the harness... the harness is a OBD2 that we converted to an OBD1 (meaning we changed the alternator, dizzy, and fuel injector plugs) car sounds fine n feels strong but its still loosing power, can anyone help me! :confused:

alright i changed the harness to OBD1 now and it feels alot better when i drive... but it still bogs out when i try to take off... i almost got stuck at the traffic light today trying to take off.... the more i kept pumping the gas pedal the more the engine sounded like it wanted to just die out.... can anyone help me?

i just swapped a 94 LS motor into my coupe... now the thing turns on but the problem is it idles around 1 1/2, idle is constantly goin up and down, when i go to take off the engine bogs out like if it wants to die down but then when i hold the gas pedal it gradually catches up and once it reaches about 3 1/2 - 4 thousand rpms the motor opens up to full power! the engine is a complete 94 LS with a B16 tranny! everything on the engine is OBD1 but the harness... the harness is a OBD2 that we converted to an OBD1 (meaning we changed the alternator, dizzy, and fuel injector plugs) car sounds fine n feels strong but its still loosing power, can anyone help me! :confused:

Erratic idle could be a vacuum leak.

I assume you're using an OBD1 LS M.T. ECU

yea im using a P75 M.T ECU um it does idle at first but then once it warms up.... it stops and then it gets harder to take off, the more i try to accelerate the more the engine wants to die out... if i hold it the pedal down for a little i catches up and then out of no where it just opens right up for me... it stays open as long as i keep the rpms up high like on the highway its fine but when im on the road it sucks

irratic idle

Yes, as mentioned above it could just be a vacuum leak. Pick up a can of ether and spray around each individual vacuum line (just spray a little bit). If your rpms increase you have a vacuum leak. When my EG was idling weird and felt low on power, it turned out it was just air in my coolant system. I installed an integra dash and had to use the integra heater core which allowed a little bit of air to get in the coolant system. Just remove your radiator cap, let the car warm up, then use the bleeder nipple on your upper rad hose to bleed any air out and top up your coolant (do all of this while the car is running). Might be a couple things worth trying.

Back