Ls swap...Fuel pump or fuel filter Questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

ok,ive had my ls swap in my crx since feb. and ive gotten CEL 43 for fuel supply system...ive ignored it up until now..cus my car will not start now...i checked for spark...i got spark...i checked vaccuum..vaccuum is good...but then i unscrewed the bolt around where the fuel filter is..the Pressure release bolt..and then cranked it to see if the fuel would come out..no fuel came out...now earlier today..the car started up..and was running,but everytime i pressed the gas,or throttle..the car would immediately cut off...my friends dad told me that the fuel pump either finally let go..or my fuel filter is clogged..he also listened to see if the pump cut on..and he said he didnt hear it..

now i have a walbro 255 fuel pump already..but now i have to put it in....i do NOT know how to drop the fuel tank,and what you must do in order to install a fuel pump...if anyone knows,or has any input..please reply back asap.

go buy a helms or chilton manual.... that will be the only way ur gonna be able to do it urself. its quit simple and the manual will give u a step by step procedure to help u threw it. good luck

yep, siphon as much as you can out of it...

jack 'er up.

undo the hold straps and nuts, and bam, shes off. pump is right there...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 14 2005, 10:53 PM
yep, siphon as much as you can out of it...

jack 'er up.

undo the hold straps and nuts, and bam, shes off. pump is right there...
[post=512331]Quoted post[/post]​

well..i guess im going to have to do it another day when my tank is completely empty..cus the fuel pump was fine...lol i had no gas in the car hahahahah :lol: :p

my gas needle is messed up...it reads wrong...

i should have just replaced the pump today..cus i had NO gas in the car...i undid the fuel drain plug..and NOTHING...i mean not even a drop came out...today would have been the best time to do it..ohh well..ill do it when i go turbo.

Back