LS turbo build -opinions-

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The best thing is to let your tuner tell you what its safe. if you dont trust him/her.....Find one that you do.

GL with the build, you will love the boost!

Im saying just berings gaskets rings Maybe ARP rod bolts. Nothing more. You can run a fresh LS to 300whp on stock rods, stock pistons and stock sleeves with no problem.

the only problem i have with this statement is that we dont know the condition of his block. it might not be as "fresh" as you think. dont turbo a car with 200k when you have not replaced bearings, seals, etc...

Not my first turbo honda lol just building my first. Don't have the cash now, plan on doing the block this winter but i will be doing seals and the little essentials to be safe for now. Thanks for the imput guys!

the only problem i have with this statement is that we dont know the condition of his block. it might not be as "fresh" as you think. dont turbo a car with 200k when you have not replaced bearings, seals, etc...

Thats why you freshen it up, if the rods are old then you buy low mile stock rods or even get em shot peened.

To the OP what kind of head work are you looking for?

You'll only be in the 200 whp even at 14 psi. Your block will be fine the way it is. I've had 3 motors tuned with bone stock bottoms at 15 psi. cylinder walls are what's mostly at risk. but you'll be fine. Anyone who tells you that you need to build it is because it's for precation. You just cant beat on it as bad. take it from me i had 93 eg with ls at 18 psi made 297 whp and had it for 4 years before i sold it.

any head shop can do 3 angle valve job.

not too sure who can do p&p in your area.

Back