ls-vtec question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arroshiz

aight i've got a b16 head and i am gonna turbo my car, but for now i just have my b18a1 with 9.3:1 compression, fully built....and i was wondering if the car would run right on that compression until i got my turbo on there, without having to tune anything using the stock ecu its also bored .020 also

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Sep 5 2005, 10:53 PM
what stock ecu? if its a dohc vtec ecu then it will run fine with that comp.
[post=550019]Quoted post[/post]​

if its the pr3 or pw0 they are tuned for 10.4:1 or whatever the stock comp. of a 1g b16 was. so its not going to run perfect. its going to run rich.

actually its a b17 head, and yes i have a dohc vtec ecu, i think either p06 or p07 i cant remember, thanks

p06 is from a 92-95 civic dx and p07 is form 92-95 VX. those arent DOHC. if you are running obd1 get a p30 or p61. if you are obd0 get a pr3 or pw0. or a pm6 chipped.

its from a 92-93 gsr i think p61 i cant remember, its dohc vtec tho, i mean i've been runnin that engine for a year what do u think

The 92-93 GSR had a compression ratio of 9.7:1, according to the engine reference list on this site. So, you should be fine. Oh, and the 92-93 GSR ecu was the P61.

Just an idea, but maybe you should turbo the car first.

You are just going to create more problems when you do install the turbo kit if you decide to swap that head now.

Think about it, making the car run right and tuning it properly will be much easier if you dont have that headswap. After you get it running properly, you can swap the head and it will be easier to make minor adjustments after the swap.

- My 2c

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 6 2005, 09:13 PM
Just an idea, but maybe you should turbo the car first.

You are just going to create more problems when you do install the turbo kit if you decide to swap that head now.

Think about it, making the car run right and tuning it properly will be much easier if you dont have that headswap. After you get it running properly, you can swap the head and it will be easier to make minor adjustments after the swap.

- My 2c
[post=550416]Quoted post[/post]​

wtf.

its easier to get do the head swap now, make that run good then turbo it.

as it sits my car has a b17a1 engine swap in it, im puttin the b18a1 built engine in, so i can get my break in miles on it, i havent yet gotten all my turbo parts yet, i am not goin to do any tuning until i get the turbo on there. i was just hopin it would run alright for daily commuting until the turbo arrives. but i got my answer thanks

Back